Windows 10: Upgrade and clean

Discus and support Upgrade and clean in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What's the best way of these two options: - upgrade an existing pre-activated copy of Windows 7 to Windows 10, then Reset this PC and clear drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dssds1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. dssds1 Win User

Upgrade and clean

What's the best way of these two options:

- upgrade an existing pre-activated copy of Windows 7 to Windows 10, then Reset this PC and clear drive (or)

- fresh install of Windows 10, then upgrade to later build and Reset/Clean ?

:)

dssds1, Jan 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

Upgrade and clean

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade and clean

1. Upgrade and clean - Similar Threads - Upgrade clean

2. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  3. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  4. How To Activate Window 11? Upgraded To 11 from 10 With Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Activate Window 11? Upgraded To 11 from 10 With Clean Install: Hello Sir. Just Needed Some Help. Recently I Brought a Laptop Model Lenovo V14 G3. Window 10 Was Pre installed And Activated And I Also Connected My Microsoft Account With It. I Thought That My Product Key Was Linked With My Microsoft Account Therefore I Installed Window 11...
  5. How To Activate Window 11? Upgraded To 11 from 10 With Clean Install

How To Activate Window 11? Upgraded To 11 from 10 With Clean Install: Hello Sir. Just Needed Some Help. Recently I Brought a Laptop Model Lenovo V14 G3. Window 10 Was Pre installed And Activated And I Also Connected My Microsoft Account With It. I Thought That My Product Key Was Linked With My Microsoft Account Therefore I Installed Window 11...
  6. New Drive. Clean or Clone install of upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Drive. Clean or Clone install of upgrade to Windows 11?: Using a Corsair nvme 1tb drive. Bought a new nvme Western Digital 2tb drive. Would like the free upgrade to Windows 11 Currently on 10. And keep the Corsair drive installed. Was going to choose the clean install option, but how would that transfer my licence / oem? Or should...
  7. New Drive. Clean or Clone install of upgrade to Windows 11?

New Drive. Clean or Clone install of upgrade to Windows 11?: Using a Corsair nvme 1tb drive. Bought a new nvme Western Digital 2tb drive. Would like the free upgrade to Windows 11 Currently on 10. And keep the Corsair drive installed. Was going to choose the clean install option, but how would that transfer my licence / oem? Or should...
  8. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?: Hi,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. When I view my Microsoft account and view my devices, my PC is displayed as Windows 10 Pro, but the serial number field just says "System Serial Number," so I assume that means it's a digital license.My PC meets the Windows 11...
  9. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?: Hi,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. When I view my Microsoft account and view my devices, my PC is displayed as Windows 10 Pro, but the serial number field just says "System Serial Number," so I assume that means it's a digital license.My PC meets the Windows 11...
  10. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade