Windows 10: Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu

Discus and support Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, I haven't installed windows 10 yet as I'm waiting for my computer to prompt me to upgrade, it did say something about my Intel drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonymarcus, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu

Hello guys,

I haven't installed windows 10 yet as I'm waiting for my computer to prompt me to upgrade, it did say something about my Intel drivers were not compatible but that message has now gone but it still is saying the upgrade is on the way.

My question is if the upgrade app doesn't give me the option to upgrade soon is it safe to upgrade using the win 10 dvd I burnt after downloading from Microsoft or should I wait until the prompt to upgrade, are other users still waiting for the upgrade prompt. My system is a homebuilt one from 2008, I am going to build a new system early next year as it's long over due, my chipset drivers are very old (2010) and there are no modified drivers available but they work fine in Windows 8.1.

My second question is when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 8 pro via the Microsoft £35 upgrade deal I got emailed the win 8 serial number, when I added media centre via a free Microsoft offer the serial number changed. When I rebuild my computer and do a full install of windows 10 which serial number should I use?

Final question, I use start 8 as I like my start menu in folders because I have loads of stuff installed, eg Internet programs, video editing software etc etc. I see the new start menu in Windows 10 puts all the programs in alfabetical order, is there an option to change the menu back to a folder structure like windows 7, if not I will use start 10 by stardock which will let me keep my windows 7 type start menu otherwise it would take me forever to find my programs.

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Sep 3, 2015
  2. Triwidodo Win User

How to get the "Start Menu" tab in the 'Taskbar and Start Menu properties'

Greeting. After I upgrade to Windows 10, I can't find the "start menu" tab in the 'Taskbar and Start Menu properties' so I can't customize the start menu to what it was in Windows 7... how to get the "Start Menu" tab back in the 'Taskbar and Start Menu
    properties'. Thanks...

Selamat pagi. Setelah saya upgrade ke Windows 10, saya tidak menemukan tab "start menu" dari 'Taskbar and start menu properties' sehingga saya tidak dapat mengkustomisasi agar start menu kembali seperti Windows 7... bagaimana cara memunculkan kembali tab
    "start menu" tersebut. terima kasih.

Triwidodo, Sep 3, 2015
  3. after windows 10 upgrade several start menu and desktop display issues

My friend installed windows 10 upgrade and now when he clicks the start menu, two of the tile windows open side by side (two seperate 9x9 boxes) and on the left hand side of the start menu all it displays is an alphabetical list of all the contents
    on the computer and he cannot access the internet on that computer it is failing to connect to the modem. My question is what can he do to correct this issue? Can he downgrade to his old OS Windows 7 Ultimate and still re-download/install the Windows 10 pro
    upgrade; because on his second computer he was able to update to Windows 10 just fine with no issues.

I also was able to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to the windows 10 pro with no issues either.

Any advice would be great.

Rory Sholl, Sep 3, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu

You will find the answers in red letters underneath your questions.

P.S. To be on the safe side I recommend creating a system image using a program like Macrium Reflect or any other decent backup software. And a backup of your important data can never be wrong.

altae, Sep 4, 2015
  5. An early version of Start10 is already out, and if you don't have an Object Desktop subscription, the cost is a little cheaper than Start8 -- $4.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu

1. Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu - Similar Threads - Upgrade start menu

2. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start menu: How do I get the windows 10 start menu on windows 11 22h2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/26106aac-176e-4cb5-af93-b3c2659ef369
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade and Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade and Apps in Start Menu: Hello,I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I am unable to locate all of my Apps that were in my Windows 10 Start Menu. I have found some but how do I locate all of them so that I can place them in my Start menu?Also, there was an app/program a snipping tool/screen...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade and Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade and Apps in Start Menu: Hello,I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I am unable to locate all of my Apps that were in my Windows 10 Start Menu. I have found some but how do I locate all of them so that I can place them in my Start menu?Also, there was an app/program a snipping tool/screen...
  5. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu: Hi I woke up my pc from sleeping and my start menu popped up out of nowhere. How can i get this to stop? Its a desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/5067fa91-1076-436d-9d5d-556f3cbd6256
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, Sorry if it's in the wrong section, but how do you guys sort your start menu, mine is like this (see image). As you can see i'm not good at sorting my apps...*chuckle Don't know where to put the apps on the top right. [img] 158886
  7. Start menu and windows 10

Start menu and windows 10: I have a HP laptop for work that hasnt been running properly for a few months, it keeps saying my disk storage is full even after deleting files and uninstalling apps etc so i was told to go on task manager and end the processes. Not sure if this is directly related but now i...
  8. No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No start menu after latest Windows upgrade: Dear Microsoft, After my Laptop (Toshiba Kirabook) updates itself with the latest Windows upgrade the system logging in extremely slow (5 minutes) and have no start menu. Once the PC logged in and running there are no performance issues just the missing start menu (and the...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0