Windows 10: Upgrade backup 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrade backup 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 but backup Windows 7. How do I upgrade backup to Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BetsyGerber, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Upgrade backup 7 to Windows 10

I am running Windows 10 but backup Windows 7. How do I upgrade backup to Windows 10?

:)

BetsyGerber, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Upgrade backup 7 to Windows 10

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade backup 7 to Windows 10

1. Upgrade backup 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade backup

2. I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...: Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-hdd-to-a-ssd-but-technician-crashed-my/2eb695e0-47cb-4d22-9970-30e2ed318260
  3. I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...: Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-hdd-to-a-ssd-but-technician-crashed-my/2eb695e0-47cb-4d22-9970-30e2ed318260
  4. STATUS_WAIT_1 backup error after upgrading m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STATUS_WAIT_1 backup error after upgrading m.2 SSD: I had Windows 10 on a 128GB m.2/NVMe SSD stick inside my laptop. I have had no problems backing up the contents of my SSD. But then I decided that I needed more space, and cloned the entire contents of my 128GB SSD to a 250GB SSD...At the bottom Disk 1 is the contents of my...
  5. STATUS_WAIT_1 backup error after upgrading m.2 SSD

STATUS_WAIT_1 backup error after upgrading m.2 SSD: I had Windows 10 on a 128GB m.2/NVMe SSD stick inside my laptop. I have had no problems backing up the contents of my SSD. But then I decided that I needed more space, and cloned the entire contents of my 128GB SSD to a 250GB SSD...At the bottom Disk 1 is the contents of my...
  6. STATUS_WAIT_1 backup error after upgrading m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I do system backup before upgrade of win 8.1 to win10? I've backed up all important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do system backup before upgrade of win 8.1 to win10? I've backed up all important...: How do I do system backup before upgrade of win 8.1 to win10? I've backed up all important files photos, etc on external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-do-system-backup-before-upgrade-of-win-81/805bd9ad-b82b-4ac7-845b-7cd8fe882afa
  8. How do I do system backup before upgrade of win 8.1 to win10? I've backed up all important...

How do I do system backup before upgrade of win 8.1 to win10? I've backed up all important...: How do I do system backup before upgrade of win 8.1 to win10? I've backed up all important files photos, etc on external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-do-system-backup-before-upgrade-of-win-81/805bd9ad-b82b-4ac7-845b-7cd8fe882afa
  9. Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade: Normally When in updates see this... should backup and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro... ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normally-when-in-updates-see-this-should-backup/6bd8b092-4134-48ab-ab97-b31e58f41a7f
  10. Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normally When in updates see this should backup and upgrade: Normally When in updates see this... should backup and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro... ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normally-when-in-updates-see-this-should-backup/6bd8b092-4134-48ab-ab97-b31e58f41a7f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Seagate Plus Slim and Windows 10