Windows 10: Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Discus and support Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft plans to release the May 2019 Update for Windows 10 at the end of May 2019. The update was expected for a end of March 2019 beginning of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 30, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Microsoft plans to release the May 2019 Update for Windows 10 at the end of May 2019. The update was expected for a end of March 2019 beginning of April 2019 release initially, but the disastrous Windows 10 version 1809 feature update release forced Microsoft's hand on the new release.

Windows 10 version 1809 had to be pulled shortly after release because of major issues that included data loss on systems the update was installed on. It took Microsoft months to address these issues, and the feature update was not ready for broad deployment until last month.

Microsoft made the decision to test the new feature update in the Release Preview ring before its official release. The main idea was to detect and fix any major issue before the actual release of the new version. Microsoft revealed as well that it would give administrators more control over the installation of feature updates by making them optional until a particular version of Windows 10 runs out of support.

Upgrade blocks

Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update windows-10-needs-your-attention-cant-be-upgraded.jpg

Microsoft lists three upgrade blocks right now for the May 2019 Update. Upgrade blocks prevent machines from being updated to the new version. They are:

1. Devices that have external USB devices attached to the PC or SD memory cards inserted, are blocked from the May 2019 Update. Admins may receive the "what needs your attention" message in that case. The issue is resolved in Windows Insider Builds 18877 and later already; admins who want to install the feature update need to unplug external USB devices and remove SD memory cards to do so.
    2. Devices with "older anti-cheat software" are blocked from updating to the new release as well. Microsoft does not reveal which anti-cheat programs cause the issue, only that older versions of these programs are responsible. The solution in this case would be to either update the anti-cheat software or game in question, or remove it from the system before installing the update.
    3. On systems with redirected System folders, e.g. Desktop, Documents, or Pictures, an empty folder is created in the original user profile location during the update. This may cause confusion, but files are not deleted in the process and Microsoft that a fix is being worked on.
    Closing Words

There is still some work to be done before the official release next month. There is certainly a chance that some issues won't be detected during development even with the extra month or so of testing in the Release Preview ring.

As always, it is a good idea to wait a month or two before you consider upgrading to a new feature update version of Windows 10; most bugs should be resolved by then.

Now You: What do you expect from the coming feature update?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 30, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Upgrade blocks May

2. May 2019 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Windows 10 Update: At start up, Tips for the update were on my screen. Where do I find them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-windows-10-update/0afc9357-6c27-4b57-8f34-ba392a3f47f9
  3. Windows 10 glitch is blocking users from installing May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 glitch is blocking users from installing May 2019 Update: Microsoft recently revealed that the outdated Intel RST driver causes system reliability problems on Windows 10 May 2019 Update. To prevent further problems, Microsoft has opted to block the May 2019 Update to such PCs. If you’re running outdated versions of the Intel Rapid...
  4. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  5. Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update blocked by AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update blocked by AMD Drivers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 offers a slew of features and performance improvement over the previous version. As always I was very eager to test the Windows 10 v1903. However, I was in for a nasty surprise. My Windows 10 PC refused [...] This post Windows 10 v1903 May...
  6. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  7. Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked on some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked on some devices: If you’re trying to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) on a device running incompatible drivers and software, there’s a chance that the update won’t show up and Update Assistant will render a warning of incompatible software. The upgrade block could be placed...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  9. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices: Windows 10 May 2019 Update will begin rolling out to the compatible devices in late May 2019. Windows 10 version 1903 is currently only available to Windows Insiders, but the update for Windows 10 is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain configurations....
  10. Can't upgrade to May 2019 update.

Can't upgrade to May 2019 update.: Hello peeps, I've been trying to get upgrades in my PC for the last couple of months but they always stop because my PC "can't" be upgraded, I asked to a MS tech guy and did some restarts and still wasn't able to get em, apparently I was stuck with the 18358.1 update and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows may 2019 update incompatible device not ready