Windows 10: upgrade build reboot at 75%; reboot loop

Discus and support upgrade build reboot at 75%; reboot loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, installing the latest insider build it downloaded OK, was going through the upgrade, restarted a couple of times. Then it got to 75 %,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davexnet, Sep 18, 2015.

1. davexnet Win User

upgrade build reboot at 75%; reboot loop

Hi all, installing the latest insider build it downloaded OK, was going through the upgrade,
    restarted a couple of times. Then it got to 75 %, restarted again. You see the small blue Windows
    logo on the screen, and the small spinning progress indicator for about 15 seconds. Then it restarts
    and repeats.

I was able to get into the recovery environment to run Chkdsk, but this has not
    affected the situation. I have not attempted anything else, I wanted to see
    if the forum had developed any consensus for this type of situation.

Appreciate any assistance.

:)

davexnet, Sep 18, 2015

2. Upgrade from build 10240 to Windows 10 fails in an endless loop

Hi,

Now I've tried usb, but the result was the same as in the case of direct upgrade; ie. at 75% of upgrading, my system rebooted and entered an infinite loop.

What can I do? I had applied third party cleaning software to remove any system clutters.

regards,

maverick6664, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Luccassa Win User
    Windows boot loop durring windows 10 installation

I tried to update my Windows 8.1 installation on my Thinkpad T61p to Windows 10. It went smoothly until it finished copying the files (75% complete). It is now rebooting in an endless loop (reboot ->
    Windows logo with spinning circle -> black screen -> Windows logo with spinning circle -> 75% complete message -> reboot) and I don't know what is causing the problem. I have installed the latest BIOS and tried various changes to BIOS settings with no effect.
    Does the installer write any kind of diagnostic log that would tell me the reason for the reboot loop? Has anyone managed to solve a similar problem?

Luccassa, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

upgrade build reboot at 75%; reboot loop

1. upgrade build reboot at 75%; reboot loop - Similar Threads - upgrade build reboot

2. Reboot Loop help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Loop help: Hi, I'm experiencing some problems getting Windows 10 to boot correctly. The automatic repair does not work and it consistently takes me back to the "Your PC did not start correctly" screen. The only upgrade/install I have done recently was a GPU driver update yesterday....
  3. Reboot looping

Reboot looping: Hi, My laptop asus stuck in reboot loop, then i restarting the laptop 4-5 time, it stating preparing repair windows, then it work until login interface and it stuck, not progressing to window page.is that harddisk problem? I have reseating cmos battery plug it out for few...
  4. Windows reboot loop

Windows reboot loop: I tried to install windows and now its just a reboot loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reboot-loop/27e34982-40f6-4bbf-aa63-0dd6ba41679d
  5. Windows 10 reboot loop

Windows 10 reboot loop: Hi everyone Yesterday I was presented with a Memory Management BSOD and since then I've been stuck in a loop with my Windows 10. The BSOD apparently froze at 100% error collecting so I decided to hard reset my computer. That's when it all started. I was then presented...
  6. Infinite Reboot Loop

Infinite Reboot Loop: Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10. Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop. Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop. When I do a clean install it goes...
  7. Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting: Hi all, Using a Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-NW270D) that originally came with 64bit Windows 7, it was upgraded to 10 earlier in the year and the only issue was every once few times (at most only 20% of time) waking up from sleep would not turn on monitor (external neither) but...
  8. my laptop is stuck in a rebooting loop:(

in Windows 10 Support
    my laptop is stuck in a rebooting loop:(: [img] [img] It keeps going back and forth between the 2 screens and I cant get into safe mode by tapping F12. don't know what to do. please help. One of my friend said it might not be a software problem 54377
  9. upgrading windows 10 reboot cycle at 75%

upgrading windows 10 reboot cycle at 75%: hi, i have a toshiba satellite laptop with a windows 7 operating system. i began to install the windows 10 upgrade but at 75% the computer went into a reboot cycle. i tried some settings in the BIOS and the computer continues to restart. any ideas? 12177
  10. Windows 10 Reboot loop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reboot loop?: I have an elderly friend who bought a new Dell XPS system (at my recommendation) and I went and set it up for her and it had been working fine for a little more than a month. As far as I can tell Windows 10 installed updates and once it reboots the desktop comes up and it's...