Windows 10: Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?

Discus and support Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I take my pc into my local pc man and ask him to do the above, can he guarantee crossing over ALL the data on the current drive. There is so much on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, May 14, 2021.

1. elbmek Win User

Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?

If I take my pc into my local pc man and ask him to do the above, can he guarantee crossing over ALL the data on the current drive. There is so much on there I don't want to lose anything and I don't trust restore or suchlike as its never been good to me in the past. Looking at ideas really to help me decide on course of action.

:)

elbmek, May 14, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish.

1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD.
    2. Swapped drives.
    3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new partition layout with 1909).
    4. Booted Kyhi Rescue flash drive and ran Macrium to restore only the C: partition of the 500GB backup to the C: partition of the 1TB C: partition.
    5. Ran Macrium's Fix Windows Boot Problems tool.
    6. Shutdown, removed flash drive, powered up and system booted with no problems.
    7. Ran Minitool Partition Wizard to expand C: to use the rest of the now unused 1TB drive.
    Done. Rebooted and all is well except I now have an additional 500B of free space on my C: partition.

My drive 1 now looks like this:

Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD? [​IMG]

Ztruker, May 14, 2021
  3. John 2639 Win User
    what problems would encounter by replacing a standard hard drive with SSD. Current drive is 2TB with C drive only using 65.3GB. Would update to1TB SSD

What problems would encounter by upgrading 2TB standard HD to a 1TB SSD? Currently OS (CUpgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD? :) drive is using 65.3 GB

John 2639, May 14, 2021
  4. CountMike Win User

Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

What about unallocated partition at end of drive ? Don't all Samsung drives need it for load leveling and longer life ?

CountMike, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Drive 500GB

2. Merge Adjacent Partitions on SSD - 2TB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merge Adjacent Partitions on SSD - 2TB Drive: Hello Community:I recently bought a Lenovo 14" Flex5 IdeaPad. My new trip PC. It came with a 512GB SSD drive. I backed up my OS and data with Macrium Reflect which I've used many times. I replaced the stock SSD with a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB SSD. Initialized the drive...
  3. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  4. Best 2TB Ssd?

Best 2TB Ssd?: Hello I put in a ssd and a hdd. The Hdd, would like to exchange me for a ssd. on the ssd there is windows 10 pro on it and a few programs. The new ssd should only get games, music, pictures and games. So it does not have to be the most expensive and fastest ssd....
  5. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  6. Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. 1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD. 2. Swapped drives. 3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new...
  7. Best Way to RAID 1 Two 500GB SSD's

Best Way to RAID 1 Two 500GB SSD's: Hi, I'm trying to setup two 500GB SSD's in a RAID 1 configuration, to be used as storage drives for CAD purposes. Could someone point me in the right direction as to the best way to set this up? Does Windows 10 provide this facility or would be in a BIOS task? Its a Dell...
  8. Best Way to RAID 1 Two 500GB SSD's

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way to RAID 1 Two 500GB SSD's: Hi, I'm trying to setup two 500GB SSD's in a RAID 1 configuration, to be used as storage drives for CAD purposes. Could someone point me in the right direction as to the best way to set this up? Does Windows 10 provide this facility or would be in a BIOS task? Its a Dell...
  9. 500GB SSD Drive Cheap From Newegg

500GB SSD Drive Cheap From Newegg: This one's just too good not to tell y'all about! Wheeeeeeeeeeee, this is great! 500 GB SSD for $134.99! Newegg.com - This Weekend Only: $134.99 Crucial 500GB SSD ? $110 OFF Lenovo Core i7 15.6 Laptop 43833
  10. Upgrading to SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to SSD drive: I plan to upgrade my laptops HD to an SSD. I was going to buy a Samsung drive because it has the cloning software but to give my new installation the best chance, I was planning to do the following: back up all my files onto an external HD; reset windows on my pc to its...