Windows 10: upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English

Discus and support upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a laptop from china which has windows 10 home installed on it and I cannot read it. I tried changing the language to English using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricM.O., Nov 14, 2018.

1. EricM.O. Win User

upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English

I recently purchased a laptop from china which has windows 10 home installed on it and I cannot read it. I tried changing the language to English using many different methods and all were unsuccessful. From my understanding the version of windows that I have only allows one language pack to be used, therefore, I believe my next option is to upgrade to windows 10 pro? Im not sure if that is the correct path to choose but that is why Im asking the community for help. Thank you.

:)

EricM.O., Nov 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Nov 14, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

"Important
    According Microsoft, if you’re running Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 and your system language isn’t English, Brazilian Portuguese, or Chinese Simplified, you will not be able to keep your installed applications and Windows settings while upgrading to Windows 10. Only your personal files will be preserved."

You Can Upgrade To Windows 10 Without Losing Installed Programs

P4-630, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English - Similar Threads - upgrade chinese home

2. upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English: thank you in advance for your help. i bought a dell notebook computer in costa rica. It came with windows home 10 in Spanish pre-installed with no option to switch to English. I want to upgrade to windows pro 11 but I want the upgrade to be in English. How do I do that?...
  3. upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English: thank you in advance for your help. i bought a dell notebook computer in costa rica. It came with windows home 10 in Spanish pre-installed with no option to switch to English. I want to upgrade to windows pro 11 but I want the upgrade to be in English. How do I do that?...
  4. Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?: I understand from previous posts and from my new China bought laptop, that the Chinese Windows software operating language cannot be changed in the ways that other languages can - it is locked.Somebody asked if we could simply upgrade it by buying from the US or UK site and...
  5. Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?: I understand from previous posts and from my new China bought laptop, that the Chinese Windows software operating language cannot be changed in the ways that other languages can - it is locked.Somebody asked if we could simply upgrade it by buying from the US or UK site and...
  6. Chinese Windows 10 Home to English version Windows 10 home: Windows activation problem...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Chinese Windows 10 Home to English version Windows 10 home: Windows activation problem...: Hi Microsoft team, -HP Probook g8 450 corei5 11th gen. -Preinstalled with Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a digital license. probably OEM. Please help me out, I have reinstalled Windows 10 home from Chinese version to English version and now the activation shows error. I...
  7. Clean Upgrade from Windows 10 Home Chinese to Windows 10 Pro and a CLEAN Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Upgrade from Windows 10 Home Chinese to Windows 10 Pro and a CLEAN Edge browser: Hello I bought a laptop in China due to work's needs, which only came with Home edition Windows 10 in Chinese. I wish to upgrade it to Pro, and at the same time, get rid of the annoying default pages in Edge and iE, which mostly direct to local commercial websites. Would...
  8. upgrade windows 10 home chinese to windows 10 pro english

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade windows 10 home chinese to windows 10 pro english: hi, I have the lenovo laptop with installed Windows 10 home Chinese. I bought windows 10 pro on 25/03/2020 and then tried to install it on the laptop, but many attempts were unsuccessful- pop up showed that the key wasn't valid. could you please assist with the installation...
  9. Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro Edition. I have a product key. When I go to update the Activation asks for a series of 6 digit numbers. My product key is all 5 digit numbers. I had it on a laptop that is no longer usable. How do I activate this ?...
  10. how to change windows 10 home version chinese to english

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change windows 10 home version chinese to english: hi i have an issue how to change windows 10 home version chinese to english ? i read somewher it cannot? if so how to do it thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-home-version-chinese-to/efca8dee-eec6-463d-b4ec-e174b5c9d2ff