Windows 10: Upgrade CPU and MB

Discus and support Upgrade CPU and MB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am planning to upgrade my Desktop with new cpu and motherboard. I have my windows 8.1 product key which was upgraded to windows 10 and hence a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BadalVyas, Dec 28, 2020.

1. BadalVyas Win User

Upgrade CPU and MB

Hi

I am planning to upgrade my Desktop with new cpu and motherboard.

I have my windows 8.1 product key which was upgraded to windows 10 and hence a digital key which i dont have.

Will i be able to install windows 10. Or what is my best option?

Thank you for your help

:)

BadalVyas, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (& Upgrade!)

Dear Santa,

I want to upgrade my primary PC this year, my MB/CPU is almost 5 years old now, and I've got the upgrade itch.

It's going to be built around an unlocked Ivy Bridge CPU, namely the 3770k

But first, I've got a few questions for you:

• What chipsets support that CPU? I think the X79 and X77?
    • Is the 3770k going to be replaced with a better model, better stepping, etc in 2012 or early 2013?
    Oh and is the world going to end in Dec 2012?

Thx,
    Little Johnny

Sasqui, Dec 28, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Upgrading to Haswell

it should be supported but i dunno if it will bring him PCI-E 3.0...

CPU Support List: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 Extreme3/?cat=CPU

puma99dk|, Dec 28, 2020
  4. JaYp146 Win User

Upgrade CPU and MB

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade CPU and MB

1. Upgrade CPU and MB - Similar Threads - Upgrade CPU

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. Nach CPU Upgrade Lässt sich Windows 11 nicht mehr Aktiviren.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nach CPU Upgrade Lässt sich Windows 11 nicht mehr Aktiviren.: Hallo, nachdem ich meine CPU von ein Ryzen 5 7600X auf ein Ryzen 9 7950X3D geupdatet habe kommt immer diese Fehlermeldung 0x803fabc3.Ich gehe davon aus das mein Key Legal und Berechtigt ist für eine Erneute Aktivierung da ich mit den Key schon Mehrfach mein PC geändert habe...
  5. Nach CPU Upgrade Lässt sich Windows 11 nicht mehr Aktiviren.

Nach CPU Upgrade Lässt sich Windows 11 nicht mehr Aktiviren.: Hallo, nachdem ich meine CPU von ein Ryzen 5 7600X auf ein Ryzen 9 7950X3D geupdatet habe kommt immer diese Fehlermeldung 0x803fabc3.Ich gehe davon aus das mein Key Legal und Berechtigt ist für eine Erneute Aktivierung da ich mit den Key schon Mehrfach mein PC geändert habe...
  6. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  7. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  8. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

9. Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade: My pc is runing slow and crashing after installing a new cpu I went from a i5 8400 to a i7 9700k I have a z730xp sli motherboard and I also updated to bios to f12 for the new cpu. After it did that I switch the cpu back to the i5 and it did the same thing it was doing with...
  10. Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade

Pc crashing and running slow after cpu upgrade: My pc is runing slow and crashing after installing a new cpu I went from a i5 8400 to a i7 9700k I have a z730xp sli motherboard and I also updated to bios to f12 for the new cpu. After it did that I switch the cpu back to the i5 and it did the same thing it was doing with...