Windows 10: Upgrade doubt

Discus and support Upgrade doubt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I purchase Windows 10 Home from official Microsoft website and I got installed on my desktop. But if in future I upgrade the system like cpu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LikasNhash, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Upgrade doubt

If I purchase Windows 10 Home from official Microsoft website and I got installed on my desktop. But if in future I upgrade the system like cpu, motherboard change then will my previous installed windows will work with my upgraded system?

:)

LikasNhash, Feb 25, 2022
  2. ApolloXYZ Win User

Recovery Drive Doubt

I created a recovery drive usb pendrive when i bought my laptop. That time it was Win 10 Home SL. Now i upgraded it to Win 10 Pro and activated it using "illegal software". So these are the doubts which i have :

1. Can the Recovery Drive reverts Pro to Home? (Recovery Drive was created during Win 10 Home SL. So if i boot Recovery Drive it should revert back to Home. These are my thoughts)
    2. Will the digital license work after downgrading ?
    3. Will there be any backlash ?
    P.S. After upgrading it to Pro, there was a warning saying "digital license valid for Home SL, and not for Pro". I used an "illegal software" to activate it. Also i am a newbie so please explain it step by step.

ApolloXYZ, Feb 25, 2022
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Upgrade doubt

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Upgrade doubt

1. Upgrade doubt - Similar Threads - Upgrade doubt

2. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  3. Having some doubts on Windows upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having some doubts on Windows upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.: Greetings,Recently my Windows 10 is facing some issues such as startup problems and becoming little laggy as it takes a while to start, And now I am thinking for an free upgrade to Windows 11, but I have a doubt that would I face the same issues which I had in Windows 10 when...
  4. Having some doubts on Windows upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having some doubts on Windows upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.: Greetings,Recently my Windows 10 is facing some issues such as startup problems and becoming little laggy as it takes a while to start, And now I am thinking for an free upgrade to Windows 11, but I have a doubt that would I face the same issues which I had in Windows 10 when...
  5. Having some doubts on Windows upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Upgrade doubt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade doubt: If I purchase Windows 10 Home from official Microsoft website and I got installed on my desktop. But if in future I upgrade the system like cpu, motherboard change then will my previous installed windows will work with my upgraded system?...
  7. Upgrade doubt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade doubt: If I purchase Windows 10 Home from official Microsoft website and I got installed on my desktop. But if in future I upgrade the system like cpu, motherboard change then will my previous installed windows will work with my upgraded system?...
  8. Doubts in upgrading to an SSD

Doubts in upgrading to an SSD: good evening to whoever reads my questions and i have a few doubts to clear before changing my hardrivefirst for some backstory, my windows 10 pc has a failing 1tb HDD installed. I am planning to upgrade to an SSD and at the same time ill also want to have my old HDD...
  9. Doubts related to Windows 11 upgrade.

Doubts related to Windows 11 upgrade.: Today I've got Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.160 co_release update. But before upgrading to Windows 11, I have a couple of doubts in my mind. Can anyone please help me to figure these out... Since this is my primary device, I've tons of productivity apps installed,...
  10. Sir after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro doubt

Sir after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro doubt: Sir , I want to know that after upgrading from Windows 7 to wWindow 10 pro is it permanent will there or fake ones. I have upgraded in my dell pc which has intel pentium...