Windows 10: Upgrade fail sound no longer works

Discus and support Upgrade fail sound no longer works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time I have tried to upgrade from Win 10 1903 18362.10024 my sound no longer works, broken sound or no sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stevebjohnson, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Upgrade fail sound no longer works

Each time I have tried to upgrade from Win 10 1903 18362.10024 my sound no longer works, broken sound or no sound.

:)

stevebjohnson, Jan 16, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Upgrade fail sound no longer works :p

cadaveca, Jan 16, 2020
  3. BUG
    bug Win User
    Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

4. Upgrade fail sound no longer works

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade fail sound no longer works

1. Upgrade fail sound no longer works - Similar Threads - Upgrade fail sound

2. sound no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound no longer working: sound on my computer no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-longer-working/3e658450-b4fb-4c9c-9887-a37e2dfcaa4a
  3. Sound is no longer working

Sound is no longer working: When I got onto my PC today my sound was no longer working through my Sound Blaster.[ATTACH] That is what I see when I launch the Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel. I can still get sound if I plug my headset in or if I move the audio jack from the Sound Blaster hardware...
  4. Sound icon on taskbar no longer working

Sound icon on taskbar no longer working: Just yesterday Aug 26, 2020 the sound icon that I use regularly to adjust volume has stopped working. I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it. Please help?...
  5. Windows system sounds are no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows system sounds are no longer working: A couple of days ago out if sudden Windows 10 system sounds stopped working"Notification sound, navigation sound, etc.". I did everything that could be done, I uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it, I updated the drivers, I installed Windows updates, I checked...
  6. sound no longer working

sound no longer working: I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc. can be found? windows encountered a problem installing driver for the devise??? help please......
  7. Can no longer adjust sound after v1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can no longer adjust sound after v1903 upgrade: I finally got Windows 10 version 1903 installed. But now I can't adjust the sound anymore. I used to have a program or driver that came with the computer called HP Audio Control. With it I could increase the high frequencies for either the laptop speakers or the headphones....
  8. Upgrade 1803 -> 1809 Failed & No Longer Available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade 1803 -> 1809 Failed & No Longer Available: Hello I'm looking for a bit of help. I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 however the installation keeps failing. Current version is 1803 and trying to go to 1809. When the install reaches 42% the PC locks up and I have to restart, causing it to roll back to 1803. After a...
  9. W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized

W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized: When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I go to device manager, there...
  10. windows 10 default sounds no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 default sounds no longer working: The speakers do work in other apps such as video or YouTube or online films or when I double click a wav file in the C:\Windows\media location where the Windows Default looks for sounds, but only do not work with Windows Program Events such as found in the Windows Default...