Windows 10: Upgrade Failed - No Action Needed ??!!

Discus and support Upgrade Failed - No Action Needed ??!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Repeated attempts all end with failure and the message, This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 . . . No action is needed.". What does this mean? How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bbart, Sep 24, 2019.

1. bbart Win User

Upgrade Failed - No Action Needed ??!!

Repeated attempts all end with failure and the message, This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 . . . No action is needed.". What does this mean? How do I get the upgrade installed with "no action"?

Then it later says (Under What needs your attention) You don't need to do anything at this time. We recommend you stay on the current version of Windows 10." But I am not on Windows 10 - I am on Windows 7 trying to upgrade to Windows 10. What am I doing wrong?

Background: I got Windows 10 Edu upgrade Product Key from my university store. My current Win 7 machine specs easily meet Win 10 requirements. I have all the Important Updates installed. I unplugged all external drives and USP devices. I used Media Creation Tool - first on a USB stick drive, and after many failures, chose the Upgrade this Computer Now option. I presume the Edu version of Windows is somewhat different, but I understand the Media Creation Tool is the same for all versions, correct? In any case every effort to upgrade resulted in the same What Needs Your Attention screen. Help.

:)

bbart, Sep 24, 2019
  2. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

3. bbart Win User

Thank you for the detailed response to my upgrade issue. I have posted my computer specs for the forum. Further information in response to delchina is as follows:

1) No I have not been offered Win 10 via Windows Update.

2) USB sticks were all removed. However I do have mouse and keyboard attached.

3) I did normal Win 7 login then I ran setup.exe on stick drive made by the Media Creation Tool. (Failed)
    I made a disk from iso download and booted from the dvd. Booted up okay and . . . finally failed
    I then did normal Win 7 login and ran setup.exe from the disk. It ran and finally failed same as when running from stick. The failure notice is:

Upgrade Failed - No Action Needed  ??!! [​IMG]

4) The partition info is shown below: (I have done no tweaking with partitions.)

Upgrade Failed - No Action Needed  ??!! [​IMG]

5) I use AVG Antivirus (as well as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and CCleaner - all doing realtime scanning I believe). And - No, they were not turned off.

6) Four log files to be zipped as soon as I can get to them.

7) I also have path/filename lists of windows folders if useful. (\$Windows~BT is a 95 line csv (text) file. \Windows is a 57,342 line csv (text) file. (Took a lot of typing time!! *Wink)

Any further help would be greatly appreciated!

Sleepless in Seattle

bbart, Sep 24, 2019
  4. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade Failed - No Action Needed ??!! - Similar Threads - Upgrade Failed Action

2. Threat found- action needed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat found- action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  3. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  4. Wifi action needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi action needed: The PC doesn't connect to the WiFi even if I check "Connect automatically". It says "Action needed" instead of connecting automatically. When I click on "action needed", an ad opens up with bosch website. How do I disable the feature so that WiFi connects automatically...
  5. Wifi Connection Action Needed

Wifi Connection Action Needed: When i connect to wifi from my Mobile hotspot on my laptop showing "Action Needed". After connecting to wifi its redirecting to "https://www.msn.com/en-xl/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477" this link. And in my wifi section its showing "No Connection, secured" but internet is working....
  6. Action Needed

Action Needed: Hello, My Computer's just done some updates and then wifi stopped working and every time i hit "connect" i find "action needed" written under the network name, and then it automatically opens a browsing tab which gives me "ERROR"...
  7. Actions needed

Actions needed: Please help me to solve this kind of issue which is my Windows Defender Security Center cannot perform whether quick scan or full scan. The note shows "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." Hope you guys can help me on this problem. Thanks....
  8. Protection Action Needed

Protection Action Needed: I have majorly problem about windows defender security center, They Must Be Displayed Virus And Threat Protection Managed By Your Originization….. NEED HELP.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-action-needed/30cb071c-383c-41a1-aafc-fbe041265351
  9. Protection Action Needed

Protection Action Needed: I have majorly problem about windows defender security center, They Must Be Displayed Virus And Threat Protection Managed By Your Originization….. NEED HELP.......
  10. "you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?: I frequently get the error message "you need permission to perform this action". Most recently, trying to copy a file from a notebook networked drive to my desktop computer. I'm the only person using my computers and network. Of course, I have administrator privileges. How...