Windows 10: UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE?

Discus and support UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, now that I have my PC1 upgrading (95% installed) but found it takes quite a while. Some say over 24 hours. So I will be starting the PC2 upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesEJ, Jul 28, 2016.

1. JamesEJ Win User

UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE?

Ok, now that I have my PC1 upgrading (95% installed) but found it takes quite a while. Some say over 24 hours. So I will be starting the PC2 upgrade within 1 hour. If I do, will the upgrade fully complete even after the upgrade time deadline. Anyone know for sure, and that?

:)

JamesEJ, Jul 28, 2016
  2. maxalpha Win User

New 6300 Backs up but can't see or edit any contacts in editor

I am having the same problems as you 2 i cant even get my contacts to sync keeps crashing the phone b4 it has finished ?

maxalpha, Jul 28, 2016
  3. htc hd7 failed update and no marketplace

Yes I read that article b4 I did my first update but after switching between 3 computers the update still says error right b4 it finishes every time I think I may need a firmware update for my phone but I have no idea where to go to get that. Please help
    I think this phone would be a great phone if it worked right

Covesurfer65, Jul 28, 2016
  4. UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE?

Defer Updates to insure smooth sailing and activation before the deadline is how to handle that. You can always go for the updates later! But 10 will need to see activation today not tomorrow in order to grab any remaining 10 freebies!

Night Hawk, Jul 28, 2016
  5. JamesEJ Win User
    Ok, so I take it there will be an updates option that I can defer to cut out that time, right? Anything else to defer?

JamesEJ, Jul 28, 2016
  6. JamesEJ Win User
    JamesEJ, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello James, *Smile

I'm not sure what you're wanting, but:

If you like, you could use OPTION FOUR to effectively disable automatic updates in Windows 10 Home.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

See also: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2016
  8. JamesEJ Win User

Hmm, was just at this too: How to Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates

Did not know you were an HTG in your own right eh? He Haw*chuckle
    @Brink: Uh, forget to say, on PC1 now @ 98%. so soon it will stop the upgrade I take it. is it then I would try the update "network" change? Was just going to disconnect internet and go to PC2 for upgarde but need to know this "how to". Thanks James

JamesEJ, Jul 29, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The upgrade to Windows 10 will finished if started. Interrupting it could cause issues.

When it finishes installing the free Windows 10, you could go back to your previous Windows if wanted. Since the W10 digital license would be available for your PC now, you can always reinstall W10 on the PC later when ready.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Don't forget, you have to be connected to the internet in order for it to activate automatically. If you aren't activated in 9 1/4 hours then you won't be activated for free.

NavyLCDR, Jul 29, 2016
  11. Once you start, I think it will allow you to complete it. It might help to change your timezone to PT. I did that to buy myself additional time to complete the update. Downloading windows 10 itself took about 9 hours because it had failed at around 90% but it resumed from where it had stopped. Then installing took a few hours. So make sure you have a good internet connection.

love2learn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE? - Similar Threads - UPGRADE FINISH STARTED

2. Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4: Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install...why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrades-are-taking-endless-time-to/2688e48a-6adb-4cd6-af35-c22d7d0ca968
  3. Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install, it never happened b4: Windows 10 upgrades are taking endless time to install...why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrades-are-taking-endless-time-to/2688e48a-6adb-4cd6-af35-c22d7d0ca968
  4. software upgrade deadline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software upgrade deadline: A retailer sold me a pc by phone, saying that its store could upgrade my software for no charge. That's not true, it charges $100 for the service. I want to change my Windows 11 machine to Windows 10 pro. How long after activation do I have to upgrade it myself?...
  5. software upgrade deadline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software upgrade deadline: A retailer sold me a pc by phone, saying that its store could upgrade my software for no charge. That's not true, it charges $100 for the service. I want to change my Windows 11 machine to Windows 10 pro. How long after activation do I have to upgrade it myself?...
  6. understanding partitions b4 imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    understanding partitions b4 imaging: I would like to implement an OS backup system like Reflect. Before I can do this I need to better understand what's going on with my main drive. This is likely simple for you. My computer as 2 SSDs installed (each 1TB). My E: (2nd) I keep for documents. My C: (1st) I use...
  7. Firewall tutorial start to finish

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall tutorial start to finish: I own a windows 7 desktop and a windows 10 laptop. I want to learn about networking and firewall rules, in depth. There are many tutorials out there that tell you how to accomplish a single task under certain conditions, like adding a firewall exception for a certain program....
  8. Meeting the Free Upgrade Deadline

Meeting the Free Upgrade Deadline: I recently purchased an old PC from a garage sale. I'm always looking for bargains to satisfy my tinkering obsession. I fired it up before I bought it and saw it had Windows 7 Home on it. I brought it home and discovered the reason why they were probably selling it...the...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade deadline?

Windows 10 upgrade deadline?: It must be getting close to the 1-year interval for W10 upgrades, and I'm not good with dates. Is it too late? My computer is 5 years old. Here's my experience with upgrading to 10: First, I ran the upgrader from Windows 7, and got upgraded with no trouble. There were a...
  10. When is the deadline for upgrading from Win7, 8, 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    When is the deadline for upgrading from Win7, 8, 8.1: Hi, i just want to know the deadline for upgrading from Windows 7 or 8. 57249