Windows 10: upgrade for win11

Discus and support upgrade for win11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to buy a new PC to upgrade to win11,(upgrade due anyway) but i am not happy I thought win10 was the last, well I am going to move away and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonez, Jun 30, 2021.

1. tonez Win User

upgrade for win11

I am going to buy a new PC to upgrade to win11,(upgrade due anyway) but i am not happy I thought win10 was the last, well I am going to move away and dual linux and run with that. Pretty much had enough with windows i am moving on.

:)

tonez, Jun 30, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Jun 30, 2021
  3. markg2 Win User
    Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?

Windows 10 Pro 21H1

I ran the MS Win11 hardware suitability tool. And my trusty, 3 year old Lenovo P50 failed--reason: processor.

The machine's processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

Just curious... is it reasonable that a newer processor might be plug compatible with the motherboard and with Win11?

Mark

markg2, Jun 30, 2021
  4. upgrade for win11

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

upgrade for win11

1. upgrade for win11 - Similar Threads - upgrade win11

2. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  3. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  4. deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...: I deleted Norton on a Win7 PC and now no internet access. I just want to upgrade to Win 11 on that PC. Can Norton do that? Block Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-norton-on-win7-machine-and-now-no-internet/8e9c04d2-2023-4226-808b-b9efe38e9471
  5. deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...

deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...: I deleted Norton on a Win7 PC and now no internet access. I just want to upgrade to Win 11 on that PC. Can Norton do that? Block Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-norton-on-win7-machine-and-now-no-internet/8e9c04d2-2023-4226-808b-b9efe38e9471
  6. Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?: Well, it looks like I got scammed.I purchased a key to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to change the product key through the "Change Product Key" dialog under Control Panel's Activation dialog, I got an error code 0x80070490.I called Microsoft, and...
  7. Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?

Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?: Well, it looks like I got scammed.I purchased a key to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to change the product key through the "Change Product Key" dialog under Control Panel's Activation dialog, I got an error code 0x80070490.I called Microsoft, and...
  8. Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽: I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after an update, it started saying that I needed to activate Windows. I have recently purchased a Win 11 license that still did not...
  9. Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽: I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after an update, it started saying that I needed to activate Windows. I have recently purchased a Win 11 license that still did not...
  10. I can't upgrade from Win11 Home to pro on my laptop HP Omen 17

I can't upgrade from Win11 Home to pro on my laptop HP Omen 17: Hello,I can't upgrade from my win11 home to Pro because of this error:Unable to upgrade your editionWe can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy a genuine Windows.0x80070490can anyone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win11