Windows 10: Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

Discus and support Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Title really says it all. I'm about to slap together a new PC . Current PC I bought a while ago had 10 Home OEM preinstalled on a drive. If I upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SidesofMarch, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

Title really says it all. I'm about to slap together a new PC . Current PC I bought a while ago had 10 Home OEM preinstalled on a drive. If I upgrade to 10 Pro from the windows store for the $99 will it be a Full/Retail version that I can then deactivate and transfer to my new PC or will it be Pro OEM and I'm just hurling away $99 ?

:)

SidesofMarch, Oct 23, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

1. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home OEM

2. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  3. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?: Title really says it all. I'm about to slap together a new PC . Current PC I bought a while ago had 10 Home OEM preinstalled on a drive. If I upgrade to 10 Pro from the windows store for the $99 will it be a Full/Retail version that I can then deactivate and transfer to my...
  4. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?: Title really says it all. I'm about to slap together a new PC . Current PC I bought a while ago had 10 Home OEM preinstalled on a drive. If I upgrade to 10 Pro from the windows store for the $99 will it be a Full/Retail version that I can then deactivate and transfer to my...
  5. Can I transfer an OEM Windows 10 Home licence that I purchased a 10 Pro upgrade for to a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer an OEM Windows 10 Home licence that I purchased a 10 Pro upgrade for to a...: Pardon if this has been asked ad nauseam, mildly tired and my reading comprehension skills are a bit tanked right now. Would prefer a simple yes/no response if that's not too much trouble. I have a laptop purchased in 2015 that came with an OEM version of Windows installed....
  6. How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro

How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro: I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to upgrade from Home 2004 oem to Pro with a key. I woiuld prefer not to have to do a clean install as I just finished setting it up. I've tried the media creation tool it doesn't give me the option to upgrade. I've also tried...
  7. $99 upgrade from windows 10 home (oem) to pro.

$99 upgrade from windows 10 home (oem) to pro.: Hello all, I have been searching for the answer to this and have seen some mixed advice on the subject. I currently have Windows 10 home OEM installed and activated on my computer. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Ideally I would like to get the retail version of...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows PRO

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows PRO: I have an OEM Windows 10 license tied to a virtual machine. The license was originally from an old Dell XPS laptop (which got the free upgrade from OEM Windows 7). Apparently the license is tied to my microsoft account, but I'm no longer able to transfer it to new machines...
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Can I upgrade OEM win 10 home to Pro and then transfer to a new build PC?

Can I upgrade OEM win 10 home to Pro and then transfer to a new build PC?: Hi, I bought a laptop 5 years ago which came with win 8.1 OEM installed. I did the free upgrade to win 10 home when this came available. I have built my own PC with new components, but I'm aware that I can't transfer the win 10 home license as it is OEM and linked to the...