Windows 10: Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro

Discus and support Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Community, i have Surface book 2 with 256 GB SSD & 8 GB ram core i7 . I bought this machine 2 year ago with window 10 pro. Just now i got upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JASSI SAINI, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro

Dear Community, i have Surface book 2 with 256 GB SSD & 8 GB ram core i7 . I bought this machine 2 year ago with window 10 pro. Just now i got upgrade of window 11. I noticed the performance of my pc reduced in term of speed. Anybody can help me to resolve this issue or i have to down grade?? Also i have noticed there is a small box at bottom of my screen which is annoying and i do not know this comes with window or its is something else. I have a picture attached for your reference. Please help.

:)

JASSI SAINI, Dec 16, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 16, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 16, 2021
  4. Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro

1. Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro - Similar Threads - Upgrade pro pro

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Professional on my PC which meets all the requirements to install Windows 11 Professional. I downloaded the latest Windows 11 upgrade but I have no idea if it is a Windows 11 Home version or a Windows 11 Professional version. I...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Professional on my PC which meets all the requirements to install Windows 11 Professional. I downloaded the latest Windows 11 upgrade but I have no idea if it is a Windows 11 Home version or a Windows 11 Professional version. I...
  4. Upgrade tto Win 11 pro from Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade tto Win 11 pro from Win 10 pro: Can my Bios be changed to accomodate new Win 11 Pro: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 62.4 GB usableDevice ID 2CDA6FAF-6EBC-4B7D-984B-22BC3031BBCCProduct ID 00330-81495-08628-AA588System type...
  5. Will upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 remove Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 remove Pro?: If I have Windows 10 Pro, will downloading and installing the free upgrade to Windows 11 default to Windows 11 Home?Or will the upgrade register that I have Win10 Pro and default to Win 11 Pro?Thank you....
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to 11 Pro failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to 11 Pro failing: I'm having trouble getting a PC to upgrade to Win11 Pro. There are several other PCs of the same model that upgraded without an issue. I notice 3 error codes: 0x8007001f - update failure0x80246017 - Prolific - Ports - 3.9.5.00x80242016 - Intel - Extension - 7.9.0.0Here is a...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to 11 Pro failing

Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to 11 Pro failing: I'm having trouble getting a PC to upgrade to Win11 Pro. There are several other PCs of the same model that upgraded without an issue. I notice 3 error codes: 0x8007001f - update failure0x80246017 - Prolific - Ports - 3.9.5.00x80242016 - Intel - Extension - 7.9.0.0Here is a...
  8. Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro

Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro: Dear Community, i have Surface book 2 with 256 GB SSD & 8 GB ram core i7 . I bought this machine 2 year ago with window 10 pro. Just now i got upgrade of window 11. I noticed the performance of my pc reduced in term of speed. Anybody can help me to resolve this issue or i...
  9. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...