Windows 10: Upgrade from 7 to 10 failed 0x80000000A

Discus and support Upgrade from 7 to 10 failed 0x80000000A in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I try everything i keep getting windows 10 faild to install I dig in the logs i found that the most error i get is 0x80000000A submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KING_OF-NIGHT, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Upgrade from 7 to 10 failed 0x80000000A

I try everything i keep getting windows 10 faild to install I dig in the logs i found that the most error i get is 0x80000000A

submitted by /u/KING_OF-NIGHT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KING_OF-NIGHT, Jul 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 Fails at reboot

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to upgrade.

I suggest you to refer to the help articles below and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...olutions/a59d8a6a-18da-417b-93a6-7b6ab4d03896

Also I would suggest you to try the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa from the following link:

Windows 10 upgrade failed (from Windows 7)

Windows 10 upgrade failed (from Windows 7)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 16, 2020
  3. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to upgrade the PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Where did you purchase the license from?
    2. How did you perform the upgrade?
    3. Did you receive any error when the PC restarted?
    4. Do you have any third party anti-virus software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to make sure that Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 is installed, and the PC meets the

system requirements for Windows 10

You can follow the suggestions from the article
    How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 16, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Upgrade from 7 to 10 failed 0x80000000A

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade from 7 to 10 failed 0x80000000A

1. Upgrade from 7 to 10 failed 0x80000000A - Similar Threads - Upgrade failed 0x80000000A

2. windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.: i'm trying to upgrade two computers for a friend. she has a lot of crap installed and has bad eyesight so doesn't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling it all, so i am upgrading them for her. we did the desktop, an older dell but the laptop, an xps l702x failed. i...
  3. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Hello everyone,, I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I keep getting this message: WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-windows-10-upgrade-from-windows-7/a582d206-422c-41c1-a883-2a8266d0a301
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Fails

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Fails: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and keep getting the following error: 0x80070005 - 0x2000A The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation. Am I using the "Create Windows 10 installation media" tool - Yes...
  7. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated "The installation...
  8. Failed upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from windows 7 to 10: We couldn’t install Windows 10. We’ve set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation I have the saved file if you require....
  9. Upgrade 7 to 10 failed

Upgrade 7 to 10 failed: I waited for 2 hours and the monitor just stayed black and the only thing I could get on the screen was a message, "input signal out of range". Have tried 3 other monitors and I get the same message. I will go back to 7 and try again, but what should I do about the monitor...
  10. Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error

Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error: Hi guys I have been trying to upgrade 7pro for a day or so with no luck. First of all I tried the 'get windows 10 app' this tells me a update (KB2952664) is not installed. It was showing as failed in my update long but has since installed ok. However the app still says its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80000000A Windows install