Windows 10: Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

Discus and support Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After many search’s concerning this problem, things I’ve tried with no help. 1. Disabled anti-virus and firewall. (MSE) 2. Disk cleanup including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Struggling10, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

After many search’s concerning this problem, things I’ve tried with no help.
    1. Disabled anti-virus and firewall. (MSE)
    2. Disk cleanup including System Restore and Shadow Copies.
    3. System scan (sfc /scannow) and check disk (chkdsk c: /f), no problems found with either.
    4. Deleted original MCT app and downloaded it again, to make sure no problem with first download.

Now in 5th attempt (I think – lost count*cry) and at ~ 2 hrs stuck in “Making sure you’re ready to install”, fairly sure stuck again as I’ve been as high as 3 hrs before aborting. When aborting (canceling) upgrade, seems to also get stuck in “Cleaning up before canceling” up to 1 hr in this step which requires stopping with task manager.

Only see occasional blip and short burst of activity on drive indicator during perceived sticking.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

Struggling10, Sep 24, 2019
  2. vijer Win User

Install Frozen at "Making sure you're ready to install"

I'm opening a new post because this the other posts are very old.

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro and there is no PROCESS activity for over 10 hours and the update screen still says "Making sure you're ready to install".

I have disabled my anti-virus, malwarebites, and windows defender. No change even after restarting the install process.

Any other suggestions?

vijer, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Making Sure Yu're Ready To Install

No on last step of installing windows 10 its saying make sure you're ready to install and thats it says its loading but on 10 hours it didnt went on 1%

MilosBojic, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

Windows 10 Making Sure Yu're Ready To Install

No on last step of installing windows 10 its saying make sure you're ready to install and thats it says its loading but on 10 hours it didnt went on 1%

MilosBojic, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

1. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install" - Similar Threads - Upgrade sticking “Making

2. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade": Today my Windows store just stopped working and multiple things just started breaking.I made a post already about this and the person helping told me to do an "inplace upgrade" with the Windows 11 ISO file.I activated it and it's taking forever to work, I've tried it about 6...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install: Windows 11 update keeps failing. I am trying the upgrade assistant. Goes through everything and when checking for updates, fails. Now it's at Making sure you're ready to install and it fails....
  4. Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install: Windows 11 update keeps failing. I am trying the upgrade assistant. Goes through everything and when checking for updates, fails. Now it's at Making sure you're ready to install and it fails....
  5. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install": After I could not install update KB 4535680-it gave error 0x800f0922 Windows 1909 x64 an adviser sent the Media Creation Tool 21H1.exe which I downloaded and installed, by which time the adviser had ended the chat. Anyhow I ran it but now got stuck on "Making sure you are...
  6. "Making Sure You're ready to Install"

"Making Sure You're ready to Install": Hi All, I have been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 Pro for days. It has been stuck at "Making Sure You're ready to Install" for hours (Let it run overnight). I want to upgrade rather than clean install. I have tried this latest time with no internet connection...
  7. Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space”

Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space”: Need help again on my second computer. Having different problem than zbook and bobkn helped me with in this thread. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install" These are spec’s on this older desktop PC: Computer Type: PC/Desktop System...
  8. Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10

Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10: I have purchased Windows 10 to upgrade my Windows 7 Lenovo Z580. When I run the Media Creation Tool it gets stuck at 'Making sure you're ready to install'. I've updated Windows 7 and uninstalled my own security software. What else can I do? 139197
  9. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install": Hi guys, im attempting to upgrade my zbook 15u g2 from windows 7 pro to windows 10 using the media creation tool, and ive disabled antivirus and security essential's real time protection... but after leaving it stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" for more than 12...
  10. Making sure you are ready to Install

Making sure you are ready to Install: In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long? Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever. 81184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade stuck on making sure your ready to install