Windows 10: upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects

Discus and support upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In general my upgrade from 7 to 10 has gone well, yet I notice a few odd things going on... 1. On using a usb key, even if just plugging in to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Digitaldreams, Mar 12, 2020.

1. upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects

In general my upgrade from 7 to 10 has gone well, yet I notice a few odd things going on...

1. On using a usb key, even if just plugging in to delete a file, win10 often refuses to eject it saying it is still in use ?? (yet not always). NOTHING is running and the led on the key isn't flashing.

2. When using explorer to browse mp3 files I often find I have to click them twice to get media player to fire up, yet on other occasions just one click works ? (nothing at all happens on first click when two are needed).

Thanks in advance....

:)

Digitaldreams, Mar 12, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Mar 12, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects

1. upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects - Similar Threads - upgrade Weird effects

2. upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from 7 to 10: am i too late to update from windows 7 to windows 10 this is the first time ive had the laptop out in years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10/ef5d3dba-fa41-432d-b6a2-58e43bd67771
  3. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  4. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  5. Upgrading from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from 7 to 10: Hi all. I’ve backed up all files on my W7 build. I am planning to use my W7 key to license W10. I’ve seen tutorials on how to do the upgrade using the media creation tool. My questions is: can I use my W7 key to register a clean install of W10 or will I only be able to use my...
  6. weird effect

in Browsers and Email
    weird effect: Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations. After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons. They still worked but were blank. Restoring exp 11...
  7. weird effect

in Windows 10 Support
    weird effect: Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations. After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons. They still worked but were blank. Restoring exp 11...
  8. Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7: Hello, I recently upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10 and noticed that some of the fonts were really weird. Chromes tab titles are using weird font and when I searched a bit, it seems that it uses Windows' "Message box" fonts. Other applications for example are Steam(I was...
  9. Weird effects of latest Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird effects of latest Win 10: Anyone like to have a go at this one? I downloaded the latest Win 10 and now the Window button, bottom left does not work, and in order to get a menu to shut down I have to right click on it. The search box to the right does not work either, and will not allow me to enter...
  10. Upgrading from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 7 to 10: I just want to know if I upgrade from W7 to W10 will all of my applications be removed (eg. do I have to re-install all my apps)? 11028