Windows 10: Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Pro using my own 10 Pro key

Discus and support Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Pro using my own 10 Pro key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My old Lenovo computer has been updated to Windows 10 Pro but is finally starting to conk out so I bought a new Asus computer. This new computer was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynnWade, Jun 22, 2019.

1. LynnWade Win User

Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Pro using my own 10 Pro key

My old Lenovo computer has been updated to Windows 10 Pro but is finally starting to conk out so I bought a new Asus computer. This new computer was still 'new in the box' but about 5 years old so came with 8.1. I want to upgrade the Asus to Windows 10 Pro using the product key from my old Lenovo.

I went to Windows 10 Setup TWICE and both times on the Asus to upgrade just to Windows 10, first (thinking I would then upgrade that to Pro) but it got hung up both times on the Setup stage at 46%.... for HOURS. I finally just gave up.

Can anyone tell me if there's any way to upgrade my Asus to Windows 10 (hopefully for free), then up again to 10 Pro using my old Lenovo's Pro key. Just trying to avoid paying another $200 for another version of Pro 10 since the old computer - that's being tossed - has my paid for Pro 10 key on it!

Thanks in advance!

:)

LynnWade, Jun 22, 2019

2. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Jun 22, 2019
  3. omaer97 Win User
    omaer97, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Pro using my own 10 Pro key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Pro using my own 10 Pro key

1. Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Pro using my own 10 Pro key - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro using

2. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  3. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  5. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  6. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  8. Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro

Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ? ***Modified title from: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ?***...
  9. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key? (NOT 8.1)

Install Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key? (NOT 8.1): I have a Windows 8 Pro key that came on a plastic card with the Windows 8 DVD. I am pretty sure this is an upgrade version, but I don't know for sure because I don't have the original packaging. All I have is the DVD and the plastic card that has the activation code. I am...