Windows 10: Upgrade from 8 worked

Discus and support Upgrade from 8 worked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got a clients PC with 8.0 on it. Decided to see how upgrade to 10 would work. Used the upgrade tool on the MS site. Upgraded and activated. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jan 1, 2017.

1. cfourkays Win User

Upgrade from 8 worked

Got a clients PC with 8.0 on it.
    Decided to see how upgrade to 10 would work.
    Used the upgrade tool on the MS site.
    Upgraded and activated. For Free.
    Anyone know why???*Rolleyes
    Pete
    P.S. Not complaining, hade done many while the free offer was still around.
    This one acted the same way.

:)

cfourkays, Jan 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 worked for 2 days, now crashes ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Please refer the link below for information on the error:

Bug Check 0xFC ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Also, as you have already reverted back to Windows 8.1, refer the link below on how to install Windows 10 by media creation tool.

How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool or Directly Using your Web Browser

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 worked for 2 days, now crashes ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. The upgrade worked and was usable. A few days after the upgrade, my laptop was at a blue screen stating that there was a problem and it was going to reboot. The message was ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY.
    My laptop does dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu so as of now I am using Ubuntu to get work done. I have tried a "safe mode with networking" and the system came up with something stating that "update did not complete, removing update" afterwards the system
    restarted with the same error mentioned above. I need to be able to run some applications that are Windows only for work.

UPDATE: Recovery was unsuccessful. I tried going back to each of the 3 recovery points for windows 10 (3 critical updates) and all failed to resolve the above error. Finally reverted back to Windows 8.1.

DennisK_407, Jan 1, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Upgrade from 8 worked

Because Microsoft has never stopped giving it away. Thank you for confirming for us that they still haven't pulled the plug!

NavyLCDR, Jan 1, 2017
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Maybe we shouldn't "spread the word" too much?
    Although I'm sure they know what's going on.

cfourkays, Jan 1, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade from 8 worked

1. Upgrade from 8 worked - Similar Threads - Upgrade worked

2. Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11. Microsoft App Store not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11. Microsoft App Store not working: Tried everything to get the Windows Store to work. PLease help Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11. Microsoft App Store not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11. Microsoft App Store not working: Tried everything to get the Windows Store to work. PLease help Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  5. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  6. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...
  8. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...
  9. Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11: I recently i upgrade my window 10 to 11, after that my bitlocker key is not working in my encrypted drive.I try many to unlock my bitlocker drive but showing msg wrong key but I enter the correct key my bitlocker.Anyone can suggest, how to fix the issue...
  10. Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11

Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11: I recently i upgrade my window 10 to 11, after that my bitlocker key is not working in my encrypted drive.I try many to unlock my bitlocker drive but showing msg wrong key but I enter the correct key my bitlocker.Anyone can suggest, how to fix the issue...