Windows 10: Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete

Discus and support Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the upgrade process, after the laptop has rebooted a couple of times, it comes to a screen looking for the following: country/region... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel-Mukamal, May 21, 2019.

1. Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete

During the upgrade process, after the laptop has rebooted a couple of times, it comes to a screen looking for the following:

country/region

preferred language

keyboard layout

time zone

I answered all of these and went on to the next screen, wherein I choose Use Express Settings. The laptop then reboots again and comes right back to that first screen I mentioned. Why will it now continue to configure and complete?

I feel like I must be doing something wrong but am not sure what that might be.

:)

Daniel-Mukamal, May 21, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 21, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, May 21, 2019
  4. Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete

1. Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10/11 Home installed on my machine and I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am attempting to install it by going to Settings -> System -> Activation -> Upgrade your edition of windows -> Open Store. I then click on the install button I already purchased...
  3. We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10/11 Home installed on my machine and I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am attempting to install it by going to Settings -> System -> Activation -> Upgrade your edition of windows -> Open Store. I then click on the install button I already purchased...
  4. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  5. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  6. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: I want to upgrade my PC from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Can I do this without having to do a complete install? I don't want to lose my files and Apps. Also, in case it makes a difference, I am on the Release Preview version of the Insider Program. Any help much...
  7. upgrade from home to pro

upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  8. Upgraded from Home to Pro

Upgraded from Home to Pro: I have Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. My Question is, It does uses the same activation key, right ? I got NO email with a new key tho. My Microsoft account didn't told me on anything with a new key. . .....so .... I am all good with the same key...
  9. Upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"
  10. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: Just wondering, if I happen to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro, what will happen to my Home activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/ae4c447a-f850-4ffc-835e-f99d0764b553"