Windows 10: UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO

Discus and support UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Pro Education. Right now I have Pro Education installed and I would like to change it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shxrks28, Oct 29, 2019.

1. UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO

Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Pro Education. Right now I have Pro Education installed and I would like to change it to Windows 10 Pro since I've always used that and it's my preferred OS. If I get a Windows 10 Pro OEM key, can I change it?

submitted by /u/Shxrks28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shxrks28, Oct 29, 2019

2. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

4. UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO

Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO

1. UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO - Similar Threads - UPGRADE W10 PRO

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pronlem with W10 Pro Upgrade from Home

Pronlem with W10 Pro Upgrade from Home: I bought W10 Pro. Install failed. I spoke to someone in Live Chat who assured me that the fix provided would work. It didn't. When I try to use the Live chat now the old conversation is still there but no one is listening. I have a cryptic hex code for the error and brief...
  6. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  7. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  8. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....
  9. Is it possible to upgrade to Pro from Win 7 Pro after W10 upgrade?

Is it possible to upgrade to Pro from Win 7 Pro after W10 upgrade?: Hi, So try to stick with me here. A couple years back I had issues with the Windows 7 update system and spent literally 8 hours on the phone with Microsoft technicians trying to figure out what is causing it, and how they can try to repair it remotely etc. For a booby...
  10. Upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Education fails

Upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Education fails: Hello everyone, I have bumped into this problem, where I am unable to upgrade my current Windows 10 Home to a Education edition. When I fill in the activation code in the Activation menu of Windows update, the upgrade process starts without a problem, and finishes to 100%....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to upgrade from pro education to pro

2. w10 pro enterprise education

3. w10 pro a w10 pro education

4. how to upgrade windows 10 pro education to pro