Windows 10: Upgrade from w7,login problem

Discus and support Upgrade from w7,login problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to upgrade from w7 to w10. Login doesnt give local (User/Pass) option. Dont want a microsoft account,any ideas please. 179862 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by daveb47, May 24, 2021.

1. daveb47 Win User

Upgrade from w7,login problem

Trying to upgrade from w7 to w10. Login doesnt give local (User/Pass) option. Dont want a microsoft account,any ideas please.

:)

daveb47, May 24, 2021
  2. BobiJoBJ Win User

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, May 24, 2021
  3. NevioM Win User
    Problems to upgrade from W7 To W10

Hi Martmcd,

I had already done what you suggested without any success, additionally I had also:

• Changed the region etc to USA
    • Rebooted after having disabled all Startup Services (other than Microsoft) and also the Startup Applications from the System Configuration
    • Refreshed the MBR by using the W7 RE console.
    • I am only using Microsoft Security Essential, I did not uninstall it, but stopped it from running during the upgrade as done on the other PCs which were successfully upgraded.
    I am running out of ideas, I could plan a refresh of the of the BCD, but this PC holds lots of valuable data and chargeable applications I am terrified of the consequences. (I have never attempted a BCD rebuild and do not know what to expect).

As previously indicated Microsoft upgrade ordering software has indicated that the PC is compatible with a W10 upgrade.

Do you have further suggestions

Nevio

NevioM, May 24, 2021
  4. dark2099 Win User

Upgraded to Leopard Login Problems

So I just upgraded my Dad's iMac to OSX Leopard and I can't login using his user information from before the upgrade. I will enter his info, hit the login button, but after a few seconds it just goes from being faded to normal.

dark2099, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade from w7,login problem - Similar Threads - Upgrade login problem

2. Upgrading from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  3. Upgrading from W7 Pro - Errors and Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from W7 Pro - Errors and Questions: I downloaded the media tool to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Unfortunately the upgrade fails on the first boot after reaching 71% and reverts back to W7. I receive the message "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA...
  4. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  5. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade from W7, Installation Problem, Driver Related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Upgrade from W7, Installation Problem, Driver Related?: We're trying to upgrade the office to 10 since all our program vendors are threatening terrible things about the W7 support ending. Some computers had no problem. The others get through the initial process, reboot, and then go straight into a screen that makes you either...
  7. Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error

Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error: How can i solve this Issue below: 0x8007042B - 0x2000D migrate_data safe_os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-w7-to-w-10-error/ffd0cd37-10ff-44dd-8073-f685a670e633
  8. display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;: Have twice tried to go to W10 from W7 home premium (64 bit)on my gateway DX4300 w AMD phenom II X64 2.60 GHz and 8GB RAM. Integrated ATI Radeon 3200HD graphics. Both times same problems. 1. Display no longer fills entire monitor screen and I cannot find a scaling adjustment...
  9. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...
  10. CPU upgrade before or after Win10 upgrade (from W7)?

CPU upgrade before or after Win10 upgrade (from W7)?: I am running W7 Ultimate, with a Core i5-2500K cpu. I recently got a used Core i7-3770K cpu, which I'd like to install. Should I complete this hardware change before or after upgrading to W10? Everything seems to be running fine right now with W7 (recently did a clean...