Windows 10: Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue

Discus and support Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Windows Home 10 edition to an Enterprise Edition and now I am being told the original version was not activated. This is incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Oldsox, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Oldsox Win User

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue

I have upgraded my Windows Home 10 edition to an Enterprise Edition and now I am being told the original version was not activated. This is incorrect but I need to know how to fix this problem as I cannot activate the newer version without the old version being activated.

I purchased a replacement product key back in Sept 2015 and activated it on the day I purchased it. Unfortunately whilst I have the receipt for the purchase the link to the account to view the product key details no longer works. Help

:)

Oldsox, Dec 28, 2019

2. MSDN Win 10 Pro Activation Issues

Here is a Microsoft paper on activation issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

I suggest that you use the TechNet forums for this particular issue. This forum is consumer-oriented (Win 10 Home, Pro). TechNet is IT oriented (Win 10, Pro, Enterprise, MSDN, Server 2012-R2, etc.).

Cbarnhorst, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Superfly Win User
    Win Sandbox is enterprise and not activated

Dunno about Sandbox so much but there was a bug that set Enterprise in the registry after a Win Pro upgrade... a Pro key will (or rather should) not get accepted on Enterprise due to hierachy.

Superfly, Dec 28, 2019
  4. GAStarr Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise activation key

I upgraded Window 10 Home to Enterprise to enable Remote Desktop. I cannot find and activation key for the Enterprise version. Suggestions?

GAStarr, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Enterprise

2. Windows 10 home activation from 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home activation from 10 enterprise: So, I bought a hp laptop with windows 10. I was roaming around the internet and accidentally corrupted my pc with a virus which destroyed all my data. Took it to a local **** who installed a 10 enterprise instead. Its not activated anymore and is showing a ACTIVATE WINDOWS...
  3. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  4. Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home

Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home: when i try to change its says 0xC004F069 my stupid brother installed a cracked windows 10 enterprise and said "it will help you , its the best windows version" without knowing anything about it. Damn it. Now i have a GVLK license and its gonna run out in 178 days , help...
  5. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  6. Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation

Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation: I just upgraded from Windows 7 enterprise to Windows 10 enterprise and can't activate it. How do I get a digital liscence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-7-enterprise-to-10-enterprise/d10b9b2b-2d9d-4111-b8f8-485b514f7554"
  7. Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home

Moving from Win 10 Enterprise to Win 10 Home: I have been asked to assist an elderly gentleman, who has been sold a computer with Windows 10 Enterprise on it. The machine, obviously, is reporting invalid licence and I need to move him to the Home version. We have a licence for the home version and I'm looking for the...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  10. Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation

Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation: Hi, I bought windows 10 professional from MS Store. After in-place upgrade, for some reason it shows that I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my machine and it can not activate my windows. Please help. Thanks in advance, Aditya...