Windows 10: Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY

Discus and support Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Brand-new-just-out-of-the-box Win 10 Home system. * Activate/Upgrade -> MS Store -> Win 10 Pro -> Buy -> Install. Error 0x80070005 * Reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MB_314159, Nov 28, 2020.

1. MB_314159 Win User

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY

Brand-new-just-out-of-the-box Win 10 Home system.

* Activate/Upgrade -> MS Store -> Win 10 Pro -> Buy -> Install.

Error 0x80070005

* Reboot

"Win 10 Enterprise" yeah, NOT Win 10 Pro not activated.

Error 0xC004C003

[Currently: Reinstalling Win 10 Home]

Questions:

1 What did YOU do wrong?

2 How can I not run into the same problem again?

:)

MB_314159, Nov 28, 2020

2. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop (dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro) to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file
    is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

DonaldJaneway, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time
    was running short as it needed to set a restore point. By 2340 hours Tuesday the 14th I had 20 minutes left to upgrade. The restore point took ages - by the time it finished I had 3 minutes to upgrade using my 7pro licensee key. Just as I entered it, I thought
    I was going to have a win finally but, no. I missed out by 2 minutes. The upgrade dialogue changed, asking me to insert a win 10 pro key now. That means that I'm now

being forced to buy a win 10 pro license even though the incessant issues of never being able to upgrade weren't my fault and never rectified by Microsoft.

To whom, and how, do I complain about this?I've been cheated by Microsoft and want to request a license key for a product (win 10 pro) I should have if not for Microsoft's inability to allow my machine to upgrade per their promise when I bought win 7 pro.
    I know that I'm not alone here after the ubiquitous search results for failed update.

Thanks in advance

Bill Alexander

Phantomflyer, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY

1. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails: I bought an ex-leased Win 10 Laptop in New Zealand from a legitimate sales outlet. I live in NZ. I now wish to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Clicked on Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Go to the Store. I clicked on 'Buy' for $99.00. The only States and Country to choose from are...
  6. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  7. upgrade from win 10 home to pro

upgrade from win 10 home to pro: Hi. I deactivated old laptop with Win 10 Pro and used that activation key for my new laptop with Win 10 Home installed. Activation key is fine (no errors reported) but, new PC still shows as Win 10 Home installed. any ideas why? Thank you...
  8. Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home: Just realized that I bought a Win10 Pro upgrade (from Win 10 Home) at the MS Store on 01/13/17, but never installed it! I have the order number but I don't think I ever got a Product Key. How can I install the update so I can get Pro and use Bit Locker? Thanks....
  9. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  10. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is a valid genuine key but...