Windows 10: UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

Discus and support UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffA Warner, Feb 17, 2020.

1. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to choose what is to be saved. Is there a prompt/option within the process where we could simply save our "User" folder with our personal docs and let Win 10 provide the remainder?

:)

JeffA Warner, Feb 17, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Is there a Media Creation Tool for Win 7? I am thinking of putting Win 7 on a separate disk to dual boot to play some games that won't play on Win 10. Still have Win 7 disks but they take forever to clean install.

stealth2920, Feb 17, 2020
  4. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

1. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL" - Similar Threads - UPGRADE USING MEDIA

2. I want to upgrade 7 ultimate to win 10, but media creation tool crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade 7 ultimate to win 10, but media creation tool crashes.: full clean install of 7 ultimate 64 from disk.i7 4790 64 bit, 8gb ram 1tb hd nvidia video card 6 gb ddr3I managed to get past IE 8 and have a fresh install of firefox, I download the media tool, check properties, make sure it is unblocked, run as admin and it crashes...
  3. I want to upgrade 7 ultimate to win 10, but media creation tool crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to upgrade 7 ultimate to win 10, but media creation tool crashes.: full clean install of 7 ultimate 64 from disk.i7 4790 64 bit, 8gb ram 1tb hd nvidia video card 6 gb ddr3I managed to get past IE 8 and have a fresh install of firefox, I download the media tool, check properties, make sure it is unblocked, run as admin and it crashes...
  4. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  5. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  6. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool

Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool: Hi I am using the media creation tool to upgrade Windows 7 to 10. I have the licence for both. Getting "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts" error Any help greatly appreciated...
  8. Error when try to Update from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 using Media Creation Tool

Error when try to Update from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 using Media Creation Tool: I have tried to update from Win 7 pro to Win 10 using media Creation Tool but same error popped up when choose Upgrade this PC now or Create Installation media. Error Code: 0x80200013 - 0x90019 Have tried with PC without antivirus software and turn off firewall. Please...
  9. Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Win 7 Media Creation Tool: Is there a Media Creation Tool for Win 7? I am thinking of putting Win 7 on a separate disk to dual boot to play some games that won't play on Win 10. Still have Win 7 disks but they take forever to clean install. 102484
  10. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458