Windows 10: Upgrade from win 8.1 failure

Discus and support Upgrade from win 8.1 failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I call and speak to a microsoft agent about upgrade to win 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KurtSchrumpf, May 16, 2022.

1. Upgrade from win 8.1 failure

How can I call and speak to a microsoft agent about upgrade to win 10?

:)

KurtSchrumpf, May 16, 2022
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, May 16, 2022
  3. Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, May 16, 2022
  4. Upgrade from win 8.1 failure

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Upgrade from win 8.1 failure

1. Upgrade from win 8.1 failure - Similar Threads - Upgrade failure

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...: Trying to upgrade to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on SECOND_BOOT phase during SYSPREP_RESPECIALIZE operation. Uninstalled software, ran several error checks, performed a clean boot, disabled network and SD card reader through BIOS, the error...
  6. Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...

Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...: Trying to upgrade to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on SECOND_BOOT phase during SYSPREP_RESPECIALIZE operation. Uninstalled software, ran several error checks, performed a clean boot, disabled network and SD card reader through BIOS, the error...
  7. Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment: I'm trying to deploy a Windows 11 upgrade to some of our older Windows 10 machines that meet the minimum requirements but am having problems with deploying to my initial test machine. When the Task Sequence progress is shown, the installation keeps hanging at 14%. Which log...
  9. Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment

Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment: I'm trying to deploy a Windows 11 upgrade to some of our older Windows 10 machines that meet the minimum requirements but am having problems with deploying to my initial test machine. When the Task Sequence progress is shown, the installation keeps hanging at 14%. Which log...
  10. Failure upgrading to Windows 11: BSOD INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP, error code 0xc1900101 - 0x30018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure upgrading to Windows 11: BSOD INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP, error code 0xc1900101 - 0x30018: I tried several times to upgrade an Acer Aspire F5-573G from Win 10 to Win 11. Every time it seems, that Windows 11 was successfully installed, but after 2 reboots the process stops at 48% when applying updates: BSOD "INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP". Then a rollback to Windows 10...