Windows 10: Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

Discus and support Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the subject says. I found two old Win 8 Pro keys that I never got around to use actually one is on a physical Win8 DVD and the other is a Win 8 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andreba57, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Andreba57 Win User

Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

As the subject says. I found two old Win 8 Pro keys that I never got around to use actually one is on a physical Win8 DVD and the other is a Win 8 Pro key I bought online back when Win8 was launched. I was wondering if I could use one of these Win8 Pro Keys the digital one looks a better choice, since my laptop doesn't have a DVD reader to upgrade my current Win11 Home install to Win11 Pro.Thanks for your assistance.

:)

Andreba57, Feb 6, 2022
  2. TuRaSa Win User

How to use Win8 Pro key for Win10 Pro upgrade?

i have a Win7 Home laptop, which was automatically updated to Win10 Home by Microsoft push. I had purchased a Win8 Pro key earlier but I had not updated my laptop to Win8 Pro before Microsoft's auto update. By default Microsoft installed Win10 Home. Now
    I am not able to upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro as the Activation screen keeps on telling me that the Win8 Pro key is not valid for Win10 Home.

How can I upgrade my laptop to Win10 Pro using my Win8 Pro key and not needing to purchase a separate Win10 Pro key?

TuRaSa, Feb 6, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    Window 10 Install corrupted after Win11 upgrade

I got a new 14" Notebook a month ago with Win10 Pro, set up then updated to the latest Build. Then I was offered Win11 and got the Version Upgrade to Win11 Pro. Since it's been over 30 days I can't go back to Win10 except by a clean reinstall, don't consider that as broken but just part of the process. So far Win11 is doing fine, just some visual differences and system tools relocated from their previous settings, just have to find what I need at the time, it's much the same as when I started with MS-DOS 5 with Win3.1 running on it, change with each Version released.

Berton, Feb 6, 2022
  4. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

Window 10 Install corrupted after Win11 upgrade

Thanks for the info mate. Did not really touch on my question or issue though

mgiannelis, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

1. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win11 Home

2. Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.: I purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro. Followed instructions but install failed. Read the support on error code 0x80070490 and tried the generic activation key several times including disconnecting Internet and restarting computer. Still fails. I'm out the cash...
  3. Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro but install failed.: I purchased upgrade from Win11 home to Win11 Pro. Followed instructions but install failed. Read the support on error code 0x80070490 and tried the generic activation key several times including disconnecting Internet and restarting computer. Still fails. I'm out the cash...
  4. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?: Greetings!I have been using win11 home ever since buying a new pc.Was wondering if going from WIN11 home to Win11 pro is possible for free. Thank you...
  5. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?

Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?: Greetings!I have been using win11 home ever since buying a new pc.Was wondering if going from WIN11 home to Win11 pro is possible for free. Thank you...
  6. Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?: I have a win11 home activated with a digital license connected to my ms account. Will the license still be available after upgrade to win11 pro?...
  7. Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?

Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?: I have a win11 home activated with a digital license connected to my ms account. Will the license still be available after upgrade to win11 pro?...
  8. UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO: I have just recently purchased Win 11 pro so I could upgrade from Windows 11home. Tt shows on my account, but I am not able to do anything with it. I have no install or key. When I click on the Software name on the account, the page says that it is no longer there....
  9. UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO

UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO: I have just recently purchased Win 11 pro so I could upgrade from Windows 11home. Tt shows on my account, but I am not able to do anything with it. I have no install or key. When I click on the Software name on the account, the page says that it is no longer there....
  10. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?: As the subject says. I found two old Win 8 Pro keys that I never got around to use actually one is on a physical Win8 DVD and the other is a Win 8 Pro key I bought online back when Win8 was launched. I was wondering if I could use one of these Win8 Pro Keys the digital one...