Windows 10: Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now...

Discus and support Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to be able to re-position app icons on the Win11 task bar. Then Windows popped up an invite to use the latest Outlook instead of the Mail app. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John of Weldon, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now...

I used to be able to re-position app icons on the Win11 task bar. Then Windows popped up an invite to use the latest Outlook instead of the Mail app. I accepted the prompt and am happy with Outlook. However, before the change I was able to reposition app icons on the task bar, simply by dragging them. That no longer works and app icons are now in fixed positions on the task bar.If I pin a new app to the taskbar it appears at the end of the list, but then I can't move it to somewhere else on the taskbar. The only workaround I've found is to unpin existing apps, then re-pin in the order I want

:)

John of Weldon, Mar 31, 2023

2. Windows 10, Outlook & Task Bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you trying to search Windows Outlook Mail app or Outllok.com or MS office Outlook?

Windows 10 provides Windows Outlook Mail app. With the Mail app, you can have all your email—from Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo!, and other accounts—in one single app. So there's no need to go to different websites or apps for your email.

When you try to search Outlook through search, if the Outlook app/program is not found on PC, it redirects you to web. Outlook Mail app can be search and Pin to task bar through Start menu. To search and pin the Mail app on Task bar, kindly follow the below
    given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Mail in Search option.
    • Right click on the Mail app icon and click or tap on
      Pin to task bar

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now...

How Not To Combine Task Bar Button For Win11

Hi. Words, excel in multiple sheets will be combined into single button in task bar Win11. How can I expand / not to combine the buttons in the task bar? I cannot find any function " Never combine task bar button" in Win11.

alvinlimms, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now...

1. Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now... - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win11 Mail

2. I have used Outlook, Recently Mail and now asked to try the new outlook. I now seem to have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have used Outlook, Recently Mail and now asked to try the new outlook. I now seem to have...: Dear Sir/MadamAs above, since trying new Outlook my device switches back and forth between the two and then gives up.At the moment the permanent app is Mail but when I select it the Outlook appears tooRegards Malcolm Cutlan...
  3. I have used Outlook, Recently Mail and now asked to try the new outlook. I now seem to have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have used Outlook, Recently Mail and now asked to try the new outlook. I now seem to have...: Dear Sir/MadamAs above, since trying new Outlook my device switches back and forth between the two and then gives up.At the moment the permanent app is Mail but when I select it the Outlook appears tooRegards Malcolm Cutlan...
  4. Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now...

Upgrade from Win11 Mail to new Outlook has affected the task bar. Why can't I now...: I used to be able to re-position app icons on the Win11 task bar. Then Windows popped up an invite to use the latest Outlook instead of the Mail app. I accepted the prompt and am happy with Outlook. However, before the change I was able to reposition app icons on the task...
  5. Why can't I customize anything on my task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I customize anything on my task bar?: Okay so this so called "Update" to windows 11 is actually a huge step backward. I'm opening my task bar settings and notice I have the BARE MINIMIMUM things I can change, all of which are useless.Is there really no way I can FORCE my opened apps to not be sandwiched and...
  6. Why can't I customize anything on my task bar?

Why can't I customize anything on my task bar?: Okay so this so called "Update" to windows 11 is actually a huge step backward. I'm opening my task bar settings and notice I have the BARE MINIMIMUM things I can change, all of which are useless.Is there really no way I can FORCE my opened apps to not be sandwiched and...
  7. Windows Search Bar and Outlook Mail

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar and Outlook Mail: Hey, so, recently my computer started doing this weird thing where when I try to search in the search bar or click on my emails, it highlights the program or email above it and then the one above it and so on until it gets to the top. In the search bar, it is basically going...
  8. Mail outlook does not close when mail app opened from task bar.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail outlook does not close when mail app opened from task bar.: Used to close just by hitting escape key. Now it won't close and won't even go full screen. Also, no "X" to close box. Started with last few updates. Settings = nothing to fix it with there....
  9. Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program: when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices are "Mail" and "Chrome" how do we get outlook back??...
  10. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843