Windows 10: upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

Discus and support upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I finished set up on new computer. purchased upgrade from windows 11 home to pro. upgrade failed, error code 0x80070490. i checked for windows updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sandra A_909, Jan 17, 2022.

1. upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

I finished set up on new computer. purchased upgrade from windows 11 home to pro. upgrade failed, error code 0x80070490. i checked for windows updates, installed, restarted and now Windows 11 Enterprise is showing but not active. What do i do to get Pro installed?

:)

Sandra A_909, Jan 17, 2022
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 17, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 17, 2022
  4. upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

1. upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed - Similar Threads - upgrade window home

2. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  3. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  4. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home version through the Microsoft store. I purchased the upgrade and it shows up in my order history but when I click "install" in the Microsoft store, it reaches 9% then fails with an error code: 0x80070490....
  5. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home version through the Microsoft store. I purchased the upgrade and it shows up in my order history but when I click "install" in the Microsoft store, it reaches 9% then fails with an error code: 0x80070490....
  6. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Failed: Hi, I've just bought and paid for a Windows 11 update from Home to Pro. I clicked on the install button in Microsoft store and within a few seconds a message said Install Failed and The Store locked up. I can't see any other way to re-try installing my upgrade can anyone...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Failed

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Failed: Hi, I've just bought and paid for a Windows 11 update from Home to Pro. I clicked on the install button in Microsoft store and within a few seconds a message said Install Failed and The Store locked up. I can't see any other way to re-try installing my upgrade can anyone...
  8. upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed: I finished set up on new computer. purchased upgrade from windows 11 home to pro. upgrade failed, error code 0x80070490. i checked for windows updates, installed, restarted and now Windows 11 Enterprise is showing but not active. What do i do to get Pro installed?...
  9. Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: My current laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T490 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I went to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the upgrade and installed it at which point the computer gave error code 0x80070005. I restarted and said "Applying updates"....
  10. upgrade from home to pro fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade from home to pro fails: hi, i have recently bought a laptop that came with windows 10 home, i wanted to convert it to pro, so i bought oem key from an online store, but when i am trying upgrade windows by going in to settings > activation like microsoft says, i see en error message 0xc004f050, now...