Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LH886, Oct 13, 2019.

1. LH886 Win User

Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page said, "Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise. Activation: Windows is not activated. Product ID: 00328-90000-00000-AA0EM. Product key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-[I am leaving this blank]. We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0xC004F025 If you're having problems with activation, select Troubleshoot to try [to] fix the problem." I tried Troubleshoot, unsuccessfully. I also tried "Get Help" unsuccessfully. I clicked Update several times, and it said the same thing, until now it says, "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated." [IT WAS, AND I HAVE BEEN USING IT EVERY DAY FOR MONTHS.] "Go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0X803F7001." I also restarted the computer, and that did not solve the problem.

:)

LH886, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

Bought Windows 10 Pro upgrade, clicked on the Start Upgrade icon and it fails.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Do you have wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on the system?
    • Are you trying to upgrade from the Microsoft account?
    • Did you activate your copy of Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow these steps below:

1. In your Windows 10 Home PC, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on Go to Store on the right side.

3. Click/tap on Start upgrade to begin.

4. Windows will now start preparing for upgrade.

5. When finished preparing, your Windows will automatically restart and start upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

6. When finished upgrading, sign back in to your Microsoft account profile, and click/tap on Close.

You can also verify, if you have Windows 10 pro version, by following these steps below:

• Press Windows key+ R keys to open RUN command box.
    • Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Further, you can download the Windows 10 pro ISO file and perform a clean install, using the product key, which you have. Also I like to inform, to activate your copy of Windows 10.

Try to refer to the Microsoft article below and check, if it resolves the issue.

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/upgrade-windows-10-pro

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

1. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday) - Similar Threads - Upgrade home Pro

2. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  3. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  4. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  5. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  6. I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.: Like the title says, today I bought the windows 10 upgrade from home to pro on the Microsoft store. I didn't receive a product key or digital license and I did upgrade my RAM few months ago. How can I activate my new copy of windows 10 if necessary. Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro

Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Home pre-installed on my Laptop along with MS Office Home and Student 2019. Will the MS Office Home and Student 2019 still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I apologise if this has been covered previously and if it has, someone could point me at the post. I've been asked to upgrade a number of machines from Home to Pro. (My only experience is installing Windows 7 Pro using volume licencing upgrading to Windows 10 pro obtaining a...
  9. Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.

Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.: Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro. I followed the directions and reinstalled but now I still have Win10 Home (and a bunch of missing drivers). How do I find my product key to redo the install of Win 10 Pro. I bought from within my Microsoft account that I have...
  10. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...