Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails with the following message "Unable to upgrade your edition We can't activate Windows on the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarcD762, Nov 12, 2021.

1. MarcD762 Win User

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails with the following message "Unable to upgrade your edition We can't activate Windows on the device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. 0x80070490" So I tried to upgrade later and now it tells me that the key is invalid.

:)

MarcD762, Nov 12, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 12, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Nov 12, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails: Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails with the following message "Unable to upgrade your edition We can't activate Windows on the device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. 0x80070490" So I tried to upgrade...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails: Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro fails with the following message "Unable to upgrade your edition We can't activate Windows on the device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. 0x80070490" So I tried to upgrade...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Fails

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Fails: I just purchased from Microsoft Store an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro. The online installation failed. I did not, however, record the error number it might have been 0x800704ec, but I cannot be certain.My questions are the following:1. How do I return to the...
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Failed: Hi,I have just bought the Win10 Pro upgrade, went to install and it failed. Now my Windows 10 product key seems to be corrupt, and my Windows 10 says it is enterprise edition instead of home and no longer activated. Trying to re-activate fails due to invalid key.I can find my...
  6. Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: My current laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T490 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I went to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the upgrade and installed it at which point the computer gave error code 0x80070005. I restarted and said "Applying updates"....
  7. Upgrade to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home failed: Hi, I bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store. After making the payment, the upgrade failed. My windows now shows Windows 10 Home and it is not even activated. Help me through this please. Let me know that should I put my Windows 10 home key back to...
  8. Windows 10 home upgrade to pro failed

Windows 10 home upgrade to pro failed: I had a hard drive failure. When I had a new drive installed the company installed a non-activated copy of Windows 10 home on the new drive. I did not notice that the version was inactive being as I was going to upgrade to pro. I went to the Windows store and purchased the...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Fails

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Fails: I have Windows 10 Home installed on my desktop computer and I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro on a DVD. When I tried to upgrade my desktop computer using the product key I get an error message that tells me the Product Key is not valid but I am sure that it is the key that...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS: Hi, I bought a new laptop - running Windows 10 Home - and removed all the softwares that came with it. Then I bought from the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Pro. The upgrade installs, reboots, and when it come back, I've got this message: "We couldn't complete the upgrade,...