Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; With my previous laptop with Windows 10 Home, I purchased a product key from MS to upgrade from Home to Pro in 2020. I have since had a new laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by commonone, Feb 9, 2021.

1. commonone Win User

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

With my previous laptop with Windows 10 Home, I purchased a product key from MS to upgrade from Home to Pro in 2020.

I have since had a new laptop with Home and wish to upgrade to Pro.

I recovered my old Laptop back to its orignal Home version of windows 10

I then used the Pro product key to activate Windows 10 Home to Pro on my new Laptop.

But having error codes saying "The product key you entered didn't work".

Can I transfer the Pro key or is this wasted, having to purchase another.

:)

commonone, Feb 9, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Feb 9, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

1. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Issues Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home via Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home via Product Key: Hi, I have a Windows Pro product key, and I am trying to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. I follow the instructions here, and after entering the product key I get a message saying "Windows has been activated"; however, when I look at the "About Windows" system...
  3. Issues Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home via Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home via Product Key: Hi, I have a Windows Pro product key, and I am trying to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. I follow the instructions here, and after entering the product key I get a message saying "Windows has been activated"; however, when I look at the "About Windows" system...
  4. Issues Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home via Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  6. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key: I have a product key for windows 10 pro. when i input this product key to upgrade to pro, an error gets generated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-windows-10/df590ca3-f52f-4a20-b8d7-7e4920e3f690
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key: We purchased a new computer which included an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Rather than install Windows and then copy all the data and apps from our old computer which had Windows 10 Home, we cloned the old hard-drive to the new PC. This means the new computer is...
  8. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Product Key from COA

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Product Key from COA: Hello, I was able to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using a unused Windows 7 Pro product key from a COA sticker off a refurbished computer. Would this have any legal impact? Is it breaking licensing? Does it have to be a retail license?...
  9. upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.

upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.: Windows10 home was loaded on my laptop when I purchased it. I now want to upgrade to 10 pro, but am being told I need original product key for 10 home. Please help! How can I get the upgrade, or prove I have the 10 home legitimately? Thanks....
  10. No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations

No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations: I have Windows 10 Home that I bought from the Windows store and have no problems. Once I bought it it included the key to activate. I then purchased an upgrade through the Windows Store for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I was not given a key. Both versions show paid...