Windows 10: Upgrade from windows 10 to pro affect current applications?

Discus and support Upgrade from windows 10 to pro affect current applications? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I have to upgrade some windows 10 home machines to windows 10 pro because the network is going to be switch to AD. I had read some docs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by klabacita, Aug 28, 2019.

1. klabacita Win User

Upgrade from windows 10 to pro affect current applications?

Hi.

I have to upgrade some windows 10 home machines to windows 10 pro because the network is going to be switch to AD.

I had read some docs that for windows 10 home we buy the license and add change the product key.

My doubt is, if the process finish well.

All the software installed like office are not affected?

Thanks for your time.

:)

klabacita, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

Update to current status of upgrade block in place on first page.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 1, 2018 5:20 PM PT[/td] [td]Upgrade block in place[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Microsoft and Morphisec have identified an issue on devices that have installed Morphisec Protector or another application that uses the Morphisec Software Development Kit (SDK) including: Cisco AMP for Endpoints. These applications may impact customers’ ability to save Microsoft Office documents. Workaround: Uninstall affected applications and get updated versions from respective vendors when available. Next Steps: We are working with Morphisec and Cisco to address this issue in updated versions of their applications.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Upgrade from windows 10 to pro affect current applications?

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade from windows 10 to pro affect current applications?

1. Upgrade from windows 10 to pro affect current applications? - Similar Threads - Upgrade pro affect

2. Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?: Twice a day at least I'm reminded that Windows 7 is no longer supported. Are there any free upgrades available ? I'm using an HP desktop.thanksMike...
  3. Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?: Twice a day at least I'm reminded that Windows 7 is no longer supported. Are there any free upgrades available ? I'm using an HP desktop.thanksMike...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro: My computer has Windows 10 Pro. If I accept the free upgrade to Windows 11 will I get Windows 11 Pro or just Windows 11. I want the Pro version for the extra security. Thank you....
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro: My computer has Windows 10 Pro. If I accept the free upgrade to Windows 11 will I get Windows 11 Pro or just Windows 11. I want the Pro version for the extra security. Thank you....
  6. Will upgrading from windows 10 home to pro affect my version build in the process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will upgrading from windows 10 home to pro affect my version build in the process?: I'm currently on windows 10 home build 1709 with my updates turned off. I would like to upgrade to pro, but I don't want it updating my build version, just the features. Does anyone know, or have experience when upgrading from an earlier build? submitted by /u/621311_135...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  9. Upgrading from WIndows 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro.

Upgrading from WIndows 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro.: Hello everyone, I'm currently trying to upgrade machines in my organization from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I inherited all this and from my understanding these computers have been upgraded since Windows 7, So i wanted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro with...
  10. Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my...

Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my...: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-the-windows-10-pro-pak-to-upgrade-from/ea4edec4-a622-498d-a5c0-a2eca8b205e6