Windows 10: Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ?

Discus and support Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc.. Now when i start windows 10 all my documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hispanico Win User

Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ?

Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc..
    Now when i start windows 10 all my documents are present but no programs before installed, all are under windows.old / program....
    So with this "upgrade" i must reinstall all old programs ???

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015

2. I have deleted my user account in Windows 10. Restore doessn't get it back.

My desktop and all my bookmarks and programs I had on that user account are gone. I think they are there on the C drive and the "old windows" from my upgrade from Windows 7. If I revert back to Windows 7 will all the files and programs be there? Thanks

Harry Ironmonger, Aug 1, 2015
  3. JimGould Win User
    Lost shortcuts and desktop icons after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Can't acess files/folders/old desktop with Windows 10 upgrade from win 7

Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7; all desktop icons, files, shortcuts lost. Programs, excel, word, quicken, have no file associations. ITunes wants to install. Where's my stuff?

JimGould, Aug 1, 2015
  4. hispanico Win User

Please it is normal or something wrong on installation ?

Hispa

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    your user install programs should be in the programs start menu folder on the new start menu.

Kyhi, Aug 1, 2015
  6. hispanico Win User
    No have not programs.... while on desktop there a file with the apps removed during upgrade, like office, etc... why the upgrade not import these my programs ?

Hispa

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    CmmTch, Aug 1, 2015
  8. hispanico Win User

Thank but for example in removed apps i see Office 2013 and others apps that are rights for Win 10.
    So is for this reason that i think something is wrong during upgrade.
    You for example with upgrade have maintain some programs installed on windows 7 o 8 ??

Thank again
    Hispa

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015
  9. CmmTch Win User
    I am still running Win7 as my main (licensed) OS although I use 10 most of the time, I haven't upgraded to 8, I have been running W10 TP (technical preview) since earlier this year and haven't upgraded to W10 RTM yet.

Right now my computer is set up to dual boot Win7 and 10, once I upgrade my system I will lose Win7 as an OS since it will be replaced by 10 and the license will move from 7 to 10.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade old programs

2. Upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from windows 7: I have windows 7 and would like to upgrade. I am on the Microsoft web page and click the blue buttons Check for Upgrade and Check for compatability but nothing happens. What am i missing?...
  3. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10: I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like...
  4. An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An old upgrade from Win 7 to 10: I have a desktop PC running Win 7 Pro. When a free upgrade to Win 10 was available years ago I tried to upgrade but for some reason, which I do not remember now, I reverted to Win 7 Pro. I am still running it.Now, when I upgraded Win 10 to 11 on my laptop, I would also like...
  5. Upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7: So i have been trying to upgarde my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook T902 from windows 7 to windows 10 with no success. The first time i tried everything was going great until the laptop restarted and showed "undoing changes made to your computer" and reverted back to windows 7. After...
  6. Upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from windows 7: hello can i still upgrade to win10 free from windows 7 ultimate thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7/56d7c103-8aa1-4382-8931-696b708f9687"
  7. Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?: I currently use a windows 10 pro dell xps 15 9550 laptop. This is my main laptop. I just did a windows 7 to windows 10 update on an old dell desktop that i have not used in a long time. Its just sitting there so i figure i update it anyways if i use it in the future. A...
  8. Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10: Hi everyone: This is a big problem: Not only do I have a problem, but its hard to express technically what is going on without a lot of detail as I don't understand what technological jargon would cut through all the details here to provide a clear picture... I hope its...
  9. Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10: Hi everyone: This is a big problem: Not only do I have a problem, but its hard to express technically what is going on without a lot of detail as I don't understand what technological jargon would cut through all the details here to provide a clear picture... I hope its...
  10. Upgrading an Old Windows 7 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading an Old Windows 7 Desktop?: Hey all got a question. I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i bought around 2010 or so. I haven't used it in a while. I got it from dell.com. When i check the settings i5 750 processor at 2.67ghz 4gb ram 500gb hard drive Im pretty certain the hard...