Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ?

Discus and support Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc.. Now when i start windows 10 all my documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hispanico Win User

Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc..
    Now when i start windows 10 all my documents are present but no programs before installed, all are under windows.old / program....
    So with this "upgrade" i must reinstall all old programs ???

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Harry Ironmonger Win User

I have deleted my user account in Windows 10. Restore doessn't get it back.

My desktop and all my bookmarks and programs I had on that user account are gone. I think they are there on the C drive and the "old windows" from my upgrade from Windows 7. If I revert back to Windows 7 will all the files and programs be there? Thanks

Harry Ironmonger, Aug 1, 2015
  3. JimGould Win User
    Lost shortcuts and desktop icons after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Can't acess files/folders/old desktop with Windows 10 upgrade from win 7

Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7; all desktop icons, files, shortcuts lost. Programs, excel, word, quicken, have no file associations. ITunes wants to install. Where's my stuff?

JimGould, Aug 1, 2015
  4. hispanico Win User

Please it is normal or something wrong on installation ?

Hispa

hispanico, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    your user install programs should be in the programs start menu folder on the new start menu.

Kyhi, Aug 1, 2015
  6. hispanico Win User
    No have not programs.... while on desktop there a file with the apps removed during upgrade, like office, etc... why the upgrade not import these my programs ?

Hispa

hispanico, Aug 2, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    CmmTch, Aug 2, 2015
  8. hispanico Win User

Thank but for example in removed apps i see Office 2013 and others apps that are rights for Win 10.
    So is for this reason that i think something is wrong during upgrade.
    You for example with upgrade have maintain some programs installed on windows 7 o 8 ??

Thank again
    Hispa

hispanico, Aug 2, 2015
  9. CmmTch Win User
    I am still running Win7 as my main (licensed) OS although I use 10 most of the time, I haven't upgraded to 8, I have been running W10 TP (technical preview) since earlier this year and haven't upgraded to W10 RTM yet.

Right now my computer is set up to dual boot Win7 and 10, once I upgrade my system I will lose Win7 as an OS since it will be replaced by 10 and the license will move from 7 to 10.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade old programs

1. Computer made new account while upgrading, how to get back to old one.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer made new account while upgrading, how to get back to old one.: So the Windows Store is not in my account for some reason as well as Photos. My data went away but luckily i found out that a new account was made with all my files on it. So now im just figuring out how to get my old account back instead of logging into the new one. I have a...
  2. Upgrading a old beater laptop cpu

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading a old beater laptop cpu: I currently am using a Toshiba Satellite L675-S7015 laptop, Im going to have to do some maintenance soon which requires me tearing it apart to the motherboard so i thought it wouldn't hurt to see if there's a better cpu that this can be replaced with, It currently has a AMD...
  3. Upgrading an extremely old laptop (Samsung X10) from XP to win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading an extremely old laptop (Samsung X10) from XP to win10: I'm planning to give away to local charity my old trusty Samsung X10 Laptop installed w/ win XP. Knowing that it's completely out-dated and lacks any support whatsoever, I fear that it might produce more trouble than the potential benefit. As such, I'm thinking of a clean...
  4. Upgrading an Old Windows 7 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading an Old Windows 7 Desktop?: Hey all got a question. I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i bought around 2010 or so. I haven't used it in a while. I got it from dell.com. When i check the settings i5 750 processor at 2.67ghz 4gb ram 500gb hard drive Im pretty certain the hard...
  5. Free upgrade still working using old keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Free upgrade still working using old keys: A few days after the 29th-July free upgrade date passed, a few people on this forum (myself included) were still reporting that new clean installs of Win10 could still be done using old Win7 keys. Not talking about re-installs, but new installs with old Win7 keys that had...
  6. Factory reset laptop that has had an upgrade to SSD by cloning old HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory reset laptop that has had an upgrade to SSD by cloning old HD: Hi. I bought an SSD some time ago and with it came a cloning software which I used to clone my old HD to the SSD. That worked as it should and I could not have been happier with the performance boost. I regularly factory reset my computer and wanted to do that now for the...
  7. Problems upgrading old laptop from 1607 to 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems upgrading old laptop from 1607 to 1703: I'm having problems upgrading my old laptop, which was happily running version 1607, to version 1703. Any ideas what I should try next? When I say "old" laptop... it came with XP, but has run Windows 8, 8.1, 10 Preview, and versions of Windows 10 up to 1607. So far I've...
Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ? solved