Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm now on my boat with an ISO of Windows 10. However, I wanted to check that the PC would at least attempt the upgrade, although my internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nigelmercier, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem

I'm now on my boat with an ISO of Windows 10. However, I wanted to check that the PC would at least attempt the upgrade, although my internet is limited.

I did all the updates that were offered, but no Get Windows X app. I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048 and downloaded the Windows Troubleshooter, with this result:

Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem [​IMG]

This tells me that KB2952664 is not installed, so I clicked the link to download it from Microsoft Update Catalogue: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB2952664

I ran it and got these windows:

The second tells me that KB2952664 is already installed, so I went back to the start; I get the same message saying it isn't installed! There have been plenty of reboots in between.

:)

nigelmercier, Aug 25, 2015

2. get windows 10 app not recognizing KB2952664 is installed

On my desktop running Windows 7 Pro, the Get Windows 10 App troubleshooter for checking why I don't get the upgrade icon in my windows system tray, I keep getting the error indicating that KB2952664 is not installed when it actually is. I have manually
    uninstalled and reinstalled KB2952664 now several times and I continue getting an error from the troubleshooter saying the KB update is not installed, even after I have restarted my system after installing the update.

As there are two versions of this file, one that does not have a system type identified with it and one for 64 bit systems, I've been installing first the KB2952664 update, then the KB2952664 for x64 systems. Windows update shows that both updates install
    successfuly. And still I continue to get the error and cannot get the system tray icon for Windows upgrade to ver 10.

I have checked and the system is compatible with the upgrade. It is an intel i7 x64 processor with 3ghz and 12 GB RAM.

And of course the windows 7 pro version is genuine.

Any help is appreciated

David31415926, Aug 25, 2015
  3. I can't get Windows 10 Reservation Icon on Windows 7 Home Premium edition

i have windows 7 home premium. I do not have KB3035583 & KB2952664 installed. I have restored system back to dell factory build and then ran several windows updates to where I am up to date. I am at SP1 but still no KB3035583 & KB2952664 and no windows
    10 upgrade window icon. Why is this so hard? I think with windows 7 home premium I should be able to upgrade to windows 10? Please help.

markmckamey, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem

I may be wrong, but with the ISO, I wouldn't have thought that it was necessary to have all Windows 7 updates in situ as these will get 'ditched' to the Windows.old folder when the upgrade to Windows 10 is performed.

I would run the setup.exe file from the DVD or USB created from the ISO.

WightWalker, Aug 25, 2015
  5. I'm sure you are right, but after the horrendous problems I had with my other Dell laptop, I'd like to check that all will be OK.

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem

1. Upgrade from Windows 7: Get Windows 10 KB2952664 Problem - Similar Threads - Upgrade KB2952664 Problem

2. Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 and ran into a problem...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 and ran into a problem...: Trying to update this old laptop, pavilion g6, and right as it’s about to finish upgrading it crashes with this pop up box... Modern Setup Host has stopped working. How can I update to 10?!? submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments]...
  3. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  4. Problem Upgrading From Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Upgrading From Windows 7: Well i have this laptop with windows 7. I downloaded Media Creation Tool. Followed the procedure to upgrade to windows 10 without keeping anything(Folders, Programs etc). In the middle of the process and after the laptop restarts 2 times i get a black screen. I shut it off. I...
  5. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  6. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade Problems: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Initially the upgrade was failing on a Second Boot error. I overcome that by reverting to a factory restore of Windows 7 and starting the upgrade from a clean system. The upgrade has been successful 3 times right up until...
  7. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade problem.

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade problem.: My computer seems stuck during the W10 upgrade from W7. I used the MS Media Creation Tool and the W10 install seemed to be going normally. It went through the "Getting Updates" then rscreen and testarted. That was 12 hours ago. Since then, the cooling fans have been running...
  8. Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I performed the upgrade from 7 to 10 on my laptop with no issues. However the upgrade on my desktop didn't go well. Home built computer, Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel I5-2500 processor, 16GB ram, 64bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 graphics card, 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade from Windows 7 - big problem: I was running windows 7 without problem. got the small white 'window' seducing me to windows 10 which i gladly accepted. i liked it for a while. one day i couldn't boot. i went over all possible problems since i am an intermediate computer person. i had to work, so i...
  10. Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Please Help! I have license for Windows 7(32 Bit),but I have unofficially upgraded to 64bit ( means pirated ) by formatting the hard disk. Is there anyway so that I get Windows 10 update 8485