Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoanneDay1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10, because I believe I purchased the copy of windows 10 that is for a new install instead of an upgrade from 7 to 10. If that is the case do I have to uninstall one to install the other?

:)

JoanneDay1, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 2, 2019
  4. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

upgrade from windows 7 to 10

1. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 upgrade: Currently using a Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop (yes, it is ancient) with Windows 7 home premium. The laptop runs very well, and both wired (Realtek RTL8101C PCI-E NIC) and wireless (Atheros AR5007EG) connections work perfectly. Recently, Windows 10 was installed using the...
  3. "Operating system: Contact your system administrator to upgrade to windows server or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Operating system: Contact your system administrator to upgrade to windows server or...: I just got a new GPU (1660ti) and I wanted to install new drivers on it, but I was unable and got the message saying drivers were not compatible with my version of windows. Then I saw that I was on windows 10 version 1608, and I need to update to the latest version. I...
  4. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation: I went to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop from ISO file. Everything went smoothly, and the installation was finished after several restarts as usual in Windows installations. It booted the first blue screen to change my PC settings. I...
  5. reloading a program after 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reloading a program after 10 upgrade: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10. One of my programs has a file that was placed in the windows system folder and the windows/32 folder. How do I find the matching folders in windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation: I went to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop from ISO file. Everything went smoothly, and the installation was finished after several restarts as usual in Windows installations. It booted the first blue screen to change my PC settings. I...
  7. Is it okay to upgrade windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 home?

Is it okay to upgrade windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 home?: As the question ask, Is it okay to upgrade windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 home? submitted by /u/Ocram_Sheep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eairpv/is_it_okay_to_upgrade_windows_81_pro_to_windows/
  8. right after I upgraded to 1909 - File Explorer search box stops workin

in Windows 10 Support
    right after I upgraded to 1909 - File Explorer search box stops workin: This is what I'm referring to: [img] No problems when I was running 1809. 146399
  9. Took me 5:30h to upgrade a Compaq DC7900DFF from 1803to 1909 now i have windows defender...

Took me 5:30h to upgrade a Compaq DC7900DFF from 1803to 1909 now i have windows defender...: I tried sfc /scannow it finds errors but cant fix them also tried dism command and nothing everything is broken now this is an enterprise pc (hotel frontdesk) and i cant format it to a clean install took me about 3 days trying to update from 1803 because the upgrade message...
  10. Upgraded hardware, lost all my partitions and booting takes 2 hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgraded hardware, lost all my partitions and booting takes 2 hours: I put my harddrives on a new mobo, cpu, ram. It took 2 hours to bootup. Stayed at the windows logo. Then suddenly my all my drives except the OS drive disappeared. Found out all my partitions were missing. Ran a partition recovery software and it detected over 10 EXT4...