Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoanneDay1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10, because I believe I purchased the copy of windows 10 that is for a new install instead of an upgrade from 7 to 10. If that is the case do I have to uninstall one to install the other?

:)

JoanneDay1, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 2, 2019
  4. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

upgrade from windows 7 to 10

1. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Free Upgrade: I finally got someone to fix my computer so that I could install the free Windows 10 upgrade. My problem is that my OEM Windows 7 Pro product key did not follow along and I'm now getting an error message saying that I cannot complete activation with the Product key that I...
  3. Cannot upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to 1903: Split from this thread. Hi JKribel, I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help. Let us check the Installation log to find why the update failed. Please share the logs as mentioned in this article. You should use a File sharing...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  5. FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM 7 FOR DISABLED

FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM 7 FOR DISABLED: HELP, DISABLED. NO MONEY TOUPGRADE MY WINDOWS 7 TO 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-10-upgrade-from-7-for-disabled/b89bb045-21d2-4ba6-a8ba-c864e628adce
  6. Steps to upgrade from W7Pro to W10 pro using DVD

Steps to upgrade from W7Pro to W10 pro using DVD: I need suggestions for installing W-10 Pro on a W-7 Pro machine using a DVD installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-upgrade-from-w7pro-to-w10-pro-using-dvd/6d081ed9-5b29-4aac-a429-17509dbcc2ab
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office"...: Upgraded to Windows 10 and the only thing I could pin to start menu was "Microsoft Office" which is some subscription thing for Office 365. I have full version of Office 2013 and want to remove anything related to Office 365 and pin the components of Office 2013 to start...
  8. Asus TP200S laptop won't boot up after Windows upgrade.

Asus TP200S laptop won't boot up after Windows upgrade.: Can someone please help. My Asus TP200S can not start Windows, after upgrading Windows 10. It says, "Attempting to recover installation" for about 1/3 of a second, then displays, "Undoing changes made to your computer..." for a few minutes, then it re-boots. It does this...
  9. Win 7 to 10 upgrade being blocked-work arounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 7 to 10 upgrade being blocked-work arounds?: Being blocked when trying to upgrade from 7 to 10. Note to be clear: I don't mean a clean install, I mean an upgrade. Win 10 media is on a bootable usb key. If you boot from the key everything works fine until you try the upgrade then you get this message: The upgrade...
  10. Unable to upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, always stuck at 90%

Unable to upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, always stuck at 90%: Hi Guys. I've been unable to update to 1903 version for months. Every time I initiate an update, or it does it automatically, it stops at 90% without any error message. It's stuck at 90% for hours ( 10 and more ). Over the last few months, I've tried: - Media creation tool...