Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 blocked by HP Protect Tools

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 blocked by HP Protect Tools in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone advise me where I can get some decent help? I have purchased Windows 10 but cannot install it because I cannot uninstall HP Protect Tools.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffKrige, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 blocked by HP Protect Tools

Can anyone advise me where I can get some decent help? I have purchased Windows 10 but cannot install it because I cannot uninstall HP Protect Tools. Having spent about 8 hours on the problem myself I got as far as uninstalling most of the HP Protect Tools sub-programme, but I got completely stuck on uninstalling Device Manager for Protect Tools. This gives me an error 1327, and it refuses to uninstall. I have now spent about another 4 to 5 hours with three different Support.Microsoft Technicians, all of whom go through the process of downloading my Windows 10 and going through the normal installation process. All three have got as far as discovering that they are unable to uninstall my HP Protect Tools, and at that stage they have given up. Is there a solution, or do I just have to claim a refund and live with my old software?

:)

GeoffKrige, Jun 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jun 3, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Offers Customers Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7

HP today announced it will offer the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on consumer and business PCs beginning Oct. 22.

To meet customers’ computing needs while protecting their investments, the company is participating in the Windows Upgrade Option Program to help customers transition easily to Windows 7. The program will enable customers who purchase qualifying HP PCs to enjoy the benefits of a new Windows-based PC immediately and receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it becomes available in October.

Customers who purchase an HP PC starting today may be eligible for the upgrade program. HP customers can visit www.hp.com/go/windows7upgrade to check for upgrade eligibility, register and get answers about their PCs and current operating systems. Following general availability of Windows 7 on Oct. 22, qualifying customers will receive the Windows 7 upgrade and an upgrade utility disk with a step-by-step guide for installation at their convenience.

Throughout the development of Windows 7, HP has had an unprecedented level of collaboration with Microsoft to improve the user experience. HP has made a significant investment in hardware and software testing to ensure broad compatibility and a satisfying technology experience across its commercial and consumer PC portfolios.

“HP has helped guide Microsoft through the development of Windows 7, collaborating and offering unique insight and counsel on emerging technologies,” said Carlos Montalvo, vice president, Experience Marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Because of this early collaboration, HP has engineered truly innovative PCs – from our thin and light notebooks and high-performance desktops to our acclaimed TouchSmart PCs – providing advanced performance, compelling user experiences and more functionality overall.”

For more than two years, HP’s collaboration with Microsoft has consisted of sharing industry best practices and technology for mobility, touch innovation and printing, and working to ensure a good customer experience when upgrading to Windows 7.

“We are thrilled with the level of collaboration between HP and Microsoft throughout the development of Windows 7,” said Nick Parker, general manager, Worldwide Sales for HP, Microsoft. “Through the Windows Upgrade Option program, we can help our joint customers get new PCs now and get ready to experience the innovation and simplification that Windows 7 delivers.”

To help simplify the Windows 7 upgrade process, the HP Upgrade Assistant will identify and preinstall most necessary drivers. The HP Support website will continue to be updated with drivers, allowing customers to easily update their PCs without the burden of researching and downloading drivers for graphic cards and attached peripheral hardware.

HP PCs with Windows Vista on the market today meet the hardware requirements to run the Windows 7 operating system. Customers can continue to purchase new PCs from HP with the confidence that they will run the Windows 7 operating system when it becomes available later this year.

Customers can join the conversation about the upcoming launch of Windows 7 on the HP Consumer Support Forum or HP Business Support Forum for businesses. More information about HP’s Windows Upgrade Option Program is available at www.hp.com/go/windows7.

Source: HP

btarunr, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 blocked by HP Protect Tools

Ahhzz, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 blocked by HP Protect Tools

1. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 blocked by HP Protect Tools - Similar Threads - Upgrade blocked Protect

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?: I want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I know it is too late for free upgrade. How do I do this ? Where do I purchase ? Is there certain requirements ?...
  3. Protection Tools for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Protection Tools for Windows 10: I am listing down what I know so far. Please fill in what I am missed: 1. Windows Defender includes Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool a. Auto scan - gives you an notification of the results b. Manual quick scan c. Manual full scan d. Microsoft...
  4. Upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Pro on HP workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Pro on HP workstation: Hello Microsoft, I purchased windows 10 Pro for workstations and tried to upgrade from windows 7 Pro while maintaining all my applications/programs and it failed twice. I removed MS security essentials. Downloads Ok but then comes to screen with choice of "troubleshoot...
  5. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  6. Cannot upgrade HP AMD desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Cannot upgrade HP AMD desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I have tried several times to upgrade this desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It appears to be "qualified" to run Windows 10, but the upgrade runs for a long time, then fails to upgrade and then spends another half hour "un-doing" whatever it tried to do for the upgrade....
  7. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10,...
  8. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  9. Upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Upgrade from windows 7 to 10: Will I have to reinstall all my other programs if I upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10/8e7e80e5-f177-4523-b8d9-179fbda9b52f
  10. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7: Upgrade continually failing. Message received 'WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000' Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-10-from-windows-7/d38a1f64-8883-40b3-9738-fafb3e40b3c0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade win 7 tool