Windows 10: Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Discus and support Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nate Morrison, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error:

"We couldn't install Windows 10

We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10

0x800F0955 - 0x20003

The Installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_UPDATES operation"

I've uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials and I don't have any antivirus programs.

:)

Nate Morrison, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

1. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error - Similar Threads - Upgrade Error

2. Fix Windows Upgrade Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Upgrade Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D: [ATTACH] When upgrading, if the Windows Setup fails with Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D, then technically it means that there is a problem with the user profile migration on the computer. The exact cause in technical terms is: The installation failed in [...] This post Fix...
  3. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is not so simple. No matter if you are using the Windows 10 [...] This post Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10...
  4. Windows Upgrade Error 0x800f0955

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade Error 0x800f0955: Hi I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Machine to version 1809 (currently version 1803, Build 17713.1002). Update is downloaded, Machine restarted. After about 17% the machine reboots and rolls back the installation. Only Message I get in the the Update history is "Error on...
  5. Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!: DELL Inspiron 15 5570 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor, RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD I've added; Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory and a Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express...
  6. Windows 10 Home upgrade error 0x803fa067

Windows 10 Home upgrade error 0x803fa067: Hello, I have a windows 10 home pc and I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro to use the remote desktop feature. when I enter the key in the change product key section it goes through but when i press start update it says this error 0x803fa067 [ATTACH] people say i have to...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when...

Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when...: I was asked to update to a new version. I did this and left it running. It seemed to take ages, but now I cannot log in correctly. 1) It takes a long time to boot up 2) When it finally does the windows login screen shows no internet access. (I used to use wifi but have...
  8. Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise: I upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise to 1809. Prior to the upgrade, with the latest revisions to 1803, I was able to print perfectly. I print to a Dell 3110cn Network Printer and i print directly via IP address. Once I upgraded to 1809, the system can poll the printer, but...
  9. I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro to get bitlocker -- error 0x8004259a prevents activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro to get bitlocker -- error 0x8004259a prevents activation: Hi, I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro, paid $99 for the sole purpose of getting bitlocker which is required for me to use. When I try to activate bitlocker I get the following error: A problem occurred during BitLocker setup. You may need to restart BitLocker setup to...
  10. windows 10 upgrade causing errors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 upgrade causing errors.: Hardware driver for my all in one Lenovo desktop won't update since the newest windows 10 upgrade, its showing device unknown. I tried to update directly from lenovo website but I still have unknown device with no compatible drivers available for this device. Anyone else have...