Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by homuspensantis, Jan 4, 2020.

1. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions.

Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a simple procedure or do I have to do something different?

I am not an expert, so I will need kind of a "upgrade for dummies" help. Pointing me to the right document will also be beneficial...

Thanks for your help

:)

homuspensantis, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 4, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jan 4, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

I thought I made it idiot-proof by adding that sidenote in the brackets. I was wrong.

-> If you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1/7 within the first year of Windows 10's launch, you can have it for free till the Sun runs out of hydrogen. You get an upgrade key, and you can use that even if you need to reinstall things 3 years later.

-> If you're trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1/7 after 1 year following Windows 10 launch, you pay for the upgrade.

btarunr, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

1. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1 - Similar Threads - upgrade RAID

2. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11: I have Windows Pro 10 installed on Raid 1. Can I upgrade to Windows 11? What happens then to the raid array? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-raid-1-windows-10-to-windows-11/acb04082-5647-43bd-a81c-d36e99b46197
  3. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11: I have Windows Pro 10 installed on Raid 1. Can I upgrade to Windows 11? What happens then to the raid array? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-raid-1-windows-10-to-windows-11/acb04082-5647-43bd-a81c-d36e99b46197
  4. upgrade raid 1 windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 doesn't support Raid so beware if you try upgrade on PC with system drives in Raid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't support Raid so beware if you try upgrade on PC with system drives in Raid.: Ran Windows 11 health check on my MSI GT76 Titan 4K notebook running Windows 10 Pro. Notebook passed every Windows 11 requirement all green check marks on every requirement. Ran the Windows 11 upgrade which completed but installed a functioning but incomplete version of...
  6. Windows 11 doesn't support Raid so beware if you try upgrade on PC with system drives in Raid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't support Raid so beware if you try upgrade on PC with system drives in Raid.: Ran Windows 11 health check on my MSI GT76 Titan 4K notebook running Windows 10 Pro. Notebook passed every Windows 11 requirement all green check marks on every requirement. Ran the Windows 11 upgrade which completed but installed a functioning but incomplete version of...
  7. Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade: Hopefully someone can guide me in the right way. I just had my old computer flake out on me. It was set up with three 120G SSDs in a raid format for performance. Yesterday one of the drives just stopped working and my system is down. With faster SSDs I dont really need raid....
  8. Raid 1 drive not working in Win 10 x64 after PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid 1 drive not working in Win 10 x64 after PC upgrade: Raid 1 drive not working in Win 10 x64 after PC upgrade Hi all, I upgraded my CPU, Motherboard, memory, and SSD. Cloned the SSD so I didn't have to reinstall Win10x64 OS. Most things went smoothly, but it was surprising that my 2 HDDs in simple RAID1 configuration didn't...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on RAID 1 environment

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on RAID 1 environment: i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to...
  10. Change RAID setting before upgrading Dell Precision T5500 to Windows 10

Change RAID setting before upgrading Dell Precision T5500 to Windows 10: I've read that many people have successfully upgraded their Dell Precision T5500 to Windows 10, and the PC continues to work well. I have read that there can be upgrade difficulties, however. My T5500 is set to RAID ON, and I gather that can be a problem while upgrading....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 from 7 upgrade on raid

2. windows 7 raid to window 10 upgrade