Windows 10: Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version

Discus and support Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop compatible with Windows 10 but with Windows 7. I use Firefox as my primary browser. Sod I need to save any Firefox Apps to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LarryGGreen, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version

I have a desktop compatible with Windows 10 but with Windows 7. I use Firefox as my primary browser. Sod I need to save any Firefox Apps to another backup source before starting Windows 10 Pro full Version upgrade? Thanks

:)

LarryGGreen, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version

1. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro Full

2. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.: Have been given a Dell laptop that has Windows 7 pro. Updated it with my existing Office 365, then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Seemed to have done this ok. However, on completion, I have a recurring problem. Every time I attempt to do something, laptop...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro: I recently upgraded my laptop from Win 7 to 10 Pro after the installation was complete everything seemed to be going well until I started up my laptop the next day and all I got was the blue screen, I wasn't able to run system repair, nor could I run system restore. I was...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.: I paid over $200 for Windows 10 Pro. It will not download. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-pro/3d6101c8-f192-4825-9b88-6cec01d624fe
  10. Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro

Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro: I have three machines, one running W10 Pro and the other the "N" version, and a notebook running W10 Home. With the anniversary update coming out, it's going to be a hassle to have to get three different ISOs or let each version download it's own particular update version. I...