Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have windows 7 purchased windows 10 have a product key number need help upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnPantaleo1, Jan 24, 2020.

1. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Have windows 7 purchased windows 10 have a product key number need help upgrading

:)

JohnPantaleo1, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

1. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade: I have just had windows 10 and hard drive storage upgrades. I use tags in photo properties and before the upgrades, tags would pop up and I could select one. Now, I have to add a tag separately to each photo. Where is the library of existing tags? They are still on the...
  3. I have recently upgraded my PC however I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Any Ideas why?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have recently upgraded my PC however I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Any Ideas why?: I have as previoulsy mentioned just changed out my motherboard and cpu, and whilst everything has gone without a hitch, I have been struggling to fix Windows Activation. Before the upgrade I had a Windows 10 Home key which worked fine and I was under the impression that even...
  4. SD Card Reader - detects but won't read from it after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card Reader - detects but won't read from it after upgrade to windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, my SD card reader won't work properly. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CARD, and the driver has been updated and seems to work properly. I insert it, it recognizes it and makes the dunk sound, then when I try to open it, I get the error below....
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade: I recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 home edition and selected to keep personal files and install during the setup. The OS installed and upgraded but it only left the personal folders and deleted all of the contents in the folders. Is there a way to recover...
  6. i upgraded my laptop hard drive to an ssd.

i upgraded my laptop hard drive to an ssd.: i upgraded my laptop hard drive to an ssd. after 2 months it crashed saying i have an illegal copy of microsoft office. I have the disks for office, what can I do to fix this?...
  7. windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 pirated

windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 pirated: Hello, My laptop came with windows 8.1; I had to upgrade it to windows 10 for adobe creative cloud since creative cloud soft wares dont work on windows 8.1THIS IS NOT FAIR. The tech person upgraded my genuine windows to Windows 10 cracked version. I didn't know but I can...
  8. windows 10 upgrade

windows 10 upgrade: can someone tell me why microsoft invented windows 10 and forced all of us to use this horrible operating system? windows 10 sucks and it has totally wrecked my alienware computer. its constantly freezing and doing things i cannot understand. when i pull up my email account...
  9. windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 upgrade: Hello, I recently upgraded to windows 10 and have a file named 'oldc' that shows no activity since june of 2016 and it is taking up 68.6 gb of storage. some of the files in it include intel, msocache, program files, program files x86, program data, sesrun, toshiba, users,...
  10. Não consigo dar upgrade no meu Windows 10 Home para Windows 10 Pro

Não consigo dar upgrade no meu Windows 10 Home para Windows 10 Pro: Eu sou programador, e comprei recentemente um Dell G7 com o Windows Home, até o momento não tinha usado o windows para programar apenas para lazer, mas resolvi experimentar e por recomendações que vi em alguns fóruns o Windows Pro e o Windows Enterprise, então adquiri uma...