Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have windows 7 purchased windows 10 have a product key number need help upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnPantaleo1, Jan 24, 2020.

1. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Have windows 7 purchased windows 10 have a product key number need help upgrading

:)

JohnPantaleo1, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

1. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off: after upgrading window 7to win10 wireless network wi-fi not connected showing capability switch turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-window-7-to-win-10-wireless-network/2bcf9ba0-e2da-447c-b8ac-2e42d920ef2f
  3. supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD: I use an AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon [tm] HD graphics RAM 4.00 GB i use notepad++ texet editor for html & css using windows 7 & everything was alright, but after my upgrade to Windows 10 , everything works okay but i have note been able to insert image , using the same...
  4. Upgrade to windows 10

Upgrade to windows 10: Can the update/Upgrade assistant upgrade windows 7/8 to 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10/5700d014-1006-4560-808c-6a5a26058f4a
  5. I've just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Is there a list of things I need to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Is there a list of things I need to...: I kept using Windows 7 for a long time because of privacy but cause its been a month since the offical end I felt I could not longer trust the security/stability of windows 7. (I would use Linux but work requires me to use certain software so Im stuck with windows) I really...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade?

Windows 10 upgrade?: Windows says my version of Windows 10 1809 has service ending in May 2020; so what am I supposed to upgrade to now? Not finding any information on which version to upgrade to....
  7. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a new Surface Pro 6. I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but keep getting an activation error that no product code was found - and there seems to be no way to re-download, or get activation key, or anything along those lines from the...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade: I have 3 PCs all with 7 home premium, I have been trying for years to get the free 10 upgrade but at 400kbps cannot download it, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade/79dd6bdd-1740-4d61-ab47-4e1de6ef2a22
  9. upgrading to 10 but have no usb support

upgrading to 10 but have no usb support: Hi , I upgraded my Mb and cpu ....MSI B450 A pro max and AMD Ryzen 3200G. My OS is Windows 7 and was surprised to find out after adding these that 7 is not supported hence why usb ports have no drivers, think that's why usb stick is not showing on my computer,also my wireless...
  10. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...