Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 ultimate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zivshosh, Jul 14, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe.
    All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language.
    Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?
    where should I begin? search microsoft for upgrade to windows 10?
    many thanks

:)

zivshosh, Jul 14, 2016
  2. rouleau0 Win User

How do I upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a Win 7 Ultimate product key?

I upgraded from Windows 7 home to Windows 10. Later, while cleaning out my IT room I found an unused copy of Windows 7 Ultimate sealed in the box. I know that if I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate, I get Windows 10 Pro rather than Windows
    10 Home.

So... I went to Settings/Update & Security/Activation and changed the product key. The Windows 7 Ultimate key was refused.

Which leads me to my question, "How do I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home using a Windows 7 Ultimate product key _without_ reformatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate"?

rouleau0, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Can I use a Windows 7 Ultimate key to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro?

I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home and I am really chuffed with the new OS!

However, after doing some research, I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro if I am able. On a previous laptop, which died a few years ago, I had installed Windows 7 Ultimate and I still have the product key for Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Am I able to use this product (for Windows 7 Ultimate) key to upgrade directly from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?
    Or will I have to revert back to Windows 7 Home Premium, upgrade to windows 7 Ultimate with the product key, and THEN upgrade to Windows 10 Pro???

JoshuaSBell, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I did the automatic upgrade from Win7 Ult. to Win10 Pro, no issues except for a couple of old programs but I've kept a Win7 Home computer for other needs.

But then I have kept a WinXP computer with 5.25" and 3.5" floppy drives [actually a combination drive] and a Zip250 drive for when a client needs data transferred to more modern computers. The issue with the older drives is having a BIOS that supports them.

Berton, Jul 14, 2016
  5. zivshosh Win User
    ------------------------------------
    thank you
    I don't intend to keep windows 7 and as I see it my only problem will be to set back the interface language to English (US)

zivshosh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate - Similar Threads - upgrade ultimate

2. How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...: Actually it only shows in bottom of settings. I have dell Inspiron 15 pc and my windows 7 ultimate was a retail version before windows 7 ultimate my pc has pre-installed windows 8....
  3. How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...: Actually it only shows in bottom of settings. I have dell Inspiron 15 pc and my windows 7 ultimate was a retail version before windows 7 ultimate my pc has pre-installed windows 8....
  4. How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...: I updated my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro successfully and it all worked fine for 10 - 15 minutes until I restarted my antivirus program after which I started randomly getting the BYOD. I reverted back to Windows 7, investigated the problem, saw it was due to...
  6. Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...

Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...: I updated my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro successfully and it all worked fine for 10 - 15 minutes until I restarted my antivirus program after which I started randomly getting the BYOD. I reverted back to Windows 7, investigated the problem, saw it was due to...
  7. Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?: So i redeemed an xbox live gold code and decided to upgrade to ultimate and i believed that the amount of months i had on my live gold would be converted to ultimate, it even says my next charge will be next year. however i got charged 18 dollars today for gamepass ultimate,...
  9. Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?

Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?: So i redeemed an xbox live gold code and decided to upgrade to ultimate and i believed that the amount of months i had on my live gold would be converted to ultimate, it even says my next charge will be next year. however i got charged 18 dollars today for gamepass ultimate,...
  10. If i upgrade my windows 7 ultimate laptop to windows 11 does my lifetime product key will gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i upgrade my windows 7 ultimate laptop to windows 11 does my lifetime product key will gone?: If i upgrade my windows 7 ultimate laptop to windows 11 does my lifetime product key will gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-my-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-to/766be01b-f4b4-47e5-92e5-8f9b43d762fe