Windows 10: upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data

Discus and support upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop with windows 8.1 professional 64 bit license OS installed. I have to upgrade it with windows 10 professional . Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SachinRNaik, Jun 28, 2021.

1. upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data

I have a desktop with windows 8.1 professional 64 bit license OS installed. I have to upgrade it with windows 10 professional . Is it possible to upgrade it without losing applications and data? I don't want to format my HDD.thanks in advance.

:)

SachinRNaik, Jun 28, 2021

2. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

HI,

Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional.

1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional?

2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License, don't want to pay again for Windows 8.1 Professional.

Please Suggest...

Thanks..

VinayakParab, Jun 28, 2021
  3. easmurthy Win User
    Windows XP professional

I am having problems with my PC. The system started rebooting while I was trying to login yesterday. Since then, the system boots up till the Windows XP logo is displayed and starts rebooting. When I tried to go to "Safe Mode" the process stops at "Partition c:\Windows\ststen32\Drivers\Mup.Sys" and starts rebooting. This loop goes on.

Can any one suggest how to repair/reinstall the XP professional edition.

easmurthy, Jun 28, 2021
  4. upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data

Upgrading Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Professional using Windows 8 Professional key

Hi. I had purchased a Dell Inspiron 7559 that came with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. I had previously purchased Windows 8 Professional and have got the key for it. Can I use that key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home Single Language in my
    Dell to Windows 10 Professional? Is there any specific method to do it or is it as straightforward as Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change product key and then enter the Windows 8 Professional
    product key to proceed with the upgrade?

JayeshLimaye, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data

1. upgrade from windows 8.1 professional to windows 10 professional without losing data - Similar Threads - upgrade professional professional

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Windows 10 professional upgradation

Windows 10 professional upgradation: Cost to upgrade to Windows 10 professional from both windows 10 home oem version and Windows 10 home retail version are same or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-professional-upgradation/0b43ee5a-6ef6-4daa-b189-8144da9d84c8
  5. upgrade to windows professional

upgrade to windows professional: If someone purchased an upgrade from windows home to windows professional and their computer crashes, can they get it back? If they can, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-professional/e81d27c9-b92f-4d3f-9c2f-d1c7cc18b39c
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional

Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional: Hi...Hallo... *Smile I have a Laptop with existing Windows 10 Home OEM I have another windows license : Windows 8.1 Home Retail Windows 8.1 Profesional Upgrade How should I upgrade my laptop OS to windows 10 profesional without to buy a new license ? Is it possible if I...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  10. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional: Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for...