Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fadi Z, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Fadi Z Win User

Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions. Much appreciated.

:)

Fadi Z, Feb 26, 2024
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Feb 26, 2024
  3. nkienitz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

1. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11 - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro

2. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro: I have Windows 7 loaded on a PC and want to install a new Windows 11 Pro Upgrade. What I've researched guides me to open Settings. I don't have that on my PC. It's an older PC so any ideas of how to upload the new Windows 11?...
  3. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro: I have Windows 7 loaded on a PC and want to install a new Windows 11 Pro Upgrade. What I've researched guides me to open Settings. I don't have that on my PC. It's an older PC so any ideas of how to upload the new Windows 11?...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations: Hello! Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations? I can;t find it in ms store for some reasons : how can I upgrade it?...
  5. Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 now requesting activation

Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 now requesting activation: Hi All, I recently ie about a week ago upgraded my PC from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10, where I used a windows software tool to conduct the upgrade. At no point did the tool request any activation or even require that I input my product code. The update went great, no...
  6. Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 now requesting activation

Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 now requesting activation: Hi All, I recently ie about a week ago upgraded my PC from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10, where I used a windows software tool to conduct the upgrade. At no point did the tool request any activation or even require that I input my product code. The update went great, no...
  7. Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 now requesting activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows-10/fce0a97b-b940-49c2-af78-9236b3fb3f74
  9. can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows-10/fce0a97b-b940-49c2-af78-9236b3fb3f74
  10. can i upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro