Windows 10: Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop

Discus and support Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think I will be getting a laptop that has windows 8.. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10. (I have a windows 10 desktop) 1st.. is that still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by faler49, Oct 13, 2020.

1. faler49 Win User

Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop

I think I will be getting a laptop that has windows 8.. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10. (I have a windows 10 desktop)

1st.. is that still possible to do.
    2nd.. should I do it with the orginal owner or after changing it to my own credentials..
    3rd .. where would I find the key.. or is it needed.
    4th ... and most important.. Please add any information that I will, (or might) need to know before doing this..

Thank You
    I Do Not at this time have the laptop or version number at this time.. It probably will be a couple weeks before the current owner gets their new replacement laptop.

:)

faler49, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 13, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop - Similar Threads - Upgrade laptop

2. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  3. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  4. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Startup error after upgrading laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup error after upgrading laptop: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  6. Startup error after upgrading laptop

Startup error after upgrading laptop: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  7. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  8. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  9. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  10. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...