Windows 10: Upgrade got stuck.

Discus and support Upgrade got stuck. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrade assistant is showing 99% update percent complete for 5 hours. All download is done. Task manager shows 0% CPU use by update assistant . What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RiyaSahare, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Upgrade got stuck.

Upgrade assistant is showing 99% update percent complete for 5 hours. All download is done.

Task manager shows 0% CPU use by update assistant .

What to do now?

Upgrade got stuck. f112e2db-186b-458c-9904-9537a164d163?upload=true.jpg

Upgrade got stuck. 34af2a73-2ad2-4bcd-8f1b-7971cfeed1e6?upload=true.jpg

:)

RiyaSahare, Nov 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.

Hi Lynn,

To get a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Just to clarify, are you trying to update Windows 10 or Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from any older version of Windows?

• If you are doing an upgrade; how are you upgrading to Windows 10? What is the Windows version already installed on Computer?
    I

suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the below link and check if you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade stuck

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck at 40%, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer as it reverts back to Windows 8.1, perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to upgrade to Windows 10.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps from below link to
    reset Windows Update Components and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Reset Windows Update components

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Upgrade got stuck.

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade got stuck.

1. Upgrade got stuck. - Similar Threads - Upgrade got stuck

2. Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer got stuck in pen mode for no reason?: So I was in the middle of downloading a game from steam. I opened up epic to play borderlands while steam was still running. The game launched but was stuttering quite a bit. Once I got into the actual game I move my mouse and it is skipping quite a few frames. I go to press...
  3. Windows 10 got stuck on the black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 got stuck on the black screen: "Undoing changes made to your computer" while updating from 1903 to 1909 I have the Axioo Neon MLC series laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1903. I tried to upgrade to version 1909. After hours later, my laptop gets stuck on the black screen that says "Undoing the changes...
  4. Upgrade stuck at 91%?

Upgrade stuck at 91%?: Hi all - updating somebody's desktop from Win10 1803 to 1903 via Windows Update. It's currently stuck at 91% and has been there for like...3 hours now. Do I just keep waiting? They work from home and this is their 'work PC' so they are losing business by not having it, but...
  5. Computer got stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer got stuck before login screen: Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused...
  6. Windows Update 1903 got stuck at 71%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update 1903 got stuck at 71%: I am running Windows 10 and Windows Update writes (directly translated from my language (Swedish) to English): "Functional update for Windows 10, version 1903 Status: Preparing some things - 71%" I have tried it multiple times and it has been hanging there for many hours...
  7. Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen

Unable to perform reset: Got stuck at Bluescreen: Hello We tried to reset my LapTop. It is some how now in a blue screen and show questions about the language, time zone .... We fill the answers and click next. The next blue page come with some instruction with 4 quidances. We click next and the computer runs for about 15...
  8. check for update got stuck in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    check for update got stuck in 1809: hi joydeep sir when i check for updates for 1809 it got stuck and keep saying check for update and no updates showing or not saying up to date even. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-update-got-stuck-in-1809/dfd7a15c-b747-4986-9318-e3987edf79f5
  9. Pc got stuck

Pc got stuck: My pc got stuck, actually it was affect with virus first, many progu got installed n error message came in 100 . Then i factory image reset my pc . Then i started with yhe setup of Cortana n os setup. Suddenly it got stuck then i restarted my pc (force restart) .then it cam...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 got stuck at 92%

Upgrading Windows 10 got stuck at 92%: Hi, I think my windows 10 upgrade gets stuck at 92% with configuring windows at 69%. It's been at this screen for over 24 hours already. I'm a bit concerned now. I'm wondering if I shut it down by pressing and holding the power button, would I get myself into another...