Windows 10: upgrade has decided to change my desktop settings and I can't get them back

Discus and support upgrade has decided to change my desktop settings and I can't get them back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop had an upgrade and now I have a whole mess of tiles on my desktop instead of the few shortcut icons that I had previously created. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PGHopkins, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PGHopkins Win User

upgrade has decided to change my desktop settings and I can't get them back

My laptop had an upgrade and now I have a whole mess of tiles on my desktop instead of the few shortcut icons that I had previously created. How do I get them back?

:)

PGHopkins, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 13, 2018
  4. upgrade has decided to change my desktop settings and I can't get them back

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

upgrade has decided to change my desktop settings and I can't get them back

1. upgrade has decided to change my desktop settings and I can't get them back - Similar Threads - upgrade has decided

2. My W10 "Desktop" folder name has changed to "Desk" and I can't change it back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My W10 "Desktop" folder name has changed to "Desk" and I can't change it back.: Somehow my W10 "Desktop" folder name has changed to "Desk" and I can't change it back. I have tried to right click it, but it won't highlight. All the properties still refer to it as "Desktop". I rebooted, but that didn't help. I don't think it will create a problem, but I am...
  3. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?: All of my icons on my desktop swapped positions so now they are all in different locations than they were before. Is there any way for me to have them reset to the positions they were in before? I also don't just mean the icons for stuff that comes included with Windows 10,...
  4. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?: All of my icons on my desktop swapped positions so now they are all in different locations than they were before. Is there any way for me to have them reset to the positions they were in before? I also don't just mean the icons for stuff that comes included with Windows 10,...
  5. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

6. My monitors are mirrored and I can't change them back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitors are mirrored and I can't change them back.: I've had this PC for a few years now, and I have not changed my monitors since I got them, and they have been working fine, but then I recently restarted it, but when it turned back on the two screens were mirrored. I used Win + P and selected Extend Displays but that didn't...
  7. My monitors are mirrored and I can't change them back.

My monitors are mirrored and I can't change them back.: I've had this PC for a few years now, and I have not changed my monitors since I got them, and they have been working fine, but then I recently restarted it, but when it turned back on the two screens were mirrored. I used Win + P and selected Extend Displays but that didn't...
  8. Desktop font has changed can't change it back

Desktop font has changed can't change it back: Hi my desktop font has changed, it also effects programs like steam and some games, doesn't seem to effect edge but effect firefox. I have tried a few things I've read but nothing seem to change it can anyone help? Thanks Tibs...
  9. Desktop changed itself and I can't get it back

Desktop changed itself and I can't get it back: I was in the middle of using my computer and when I attempted to change to a new tab my computer decided to change itself. It now has the tiles etc like when you normally press the windows icon in the bottom left. I can't return to my usual desktop. How do I return to a...
  10. My MSI decided to bsod, and now I can't get back on it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My MSI decided to bsod, and now I can't get back on it.: Sorry in advance if I make any mistakes. As I am a computer novice. So I am running an msi gaming g series computer, and I just got it a few days ago. It hasn't really had any problems until now, I shut it down with Skype running (which I've done nearly every time ) and when...