Windows 10: upgrade hdd to ssd

Discus and support upgrade hdd to ssd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good Morning/Evening, I would like to upgrade the hdd of my laptop to ssd. I need all my files and os unchange. May you folks advise me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foktim, Mar 4, 2019.

1. foktim Win User

upgrade hdd to ssd

Good Morning/Evening,

I would like to upgrade the hdd of my laptop to ssd.

I need all my files and os unchange.

May you folks advise me the procedure?

thanks beforehand for your help.

regards

mark

:)

foktim, Mar 4, 2019
  2. jr1107 Win User

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Upgrading Internal HDD to SSD

I have a Toshiba Satelite S855 with an internal HDD that I am upgrading to an SSD. The HDD is already running windows 10 from the free upgrade opportunity. Once installed, I want to be booting from the new SSD and the HDD will be a storage drive replacing
    the CD bay. I want to do a clean wipe on the HDD.

What would be the best way to ensure that the SSD ends up with windows 10? I've been given a multitude of answers from people but nobody seems to be confident. I've been told to clone the drives then simply wipe the HDD. I've also been told that I should be
    able to wipe the HDD, install the SSD in the C drive, and then simply install windows 10 from a USB media device. This is the first time I've done something like this so I just want to be sure in my ways.

So would either of those options work correctly? And if not, how should this be done?

Thanks!

CharlieBoehm, Mar 4, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

upgrade hdd to ssd

upgrade from HDD to SSd

Hi Peter

It is definitely worth switching to an SSD, the performance boost is clearly noticeable and boot times are so much faster with an SSD. The upgrade is honestly really worth it in terms of performance

Please Note, for bet performance, when you get your SSD, you should backup your data and clean install Windows 10 and your 3rd party applications onto that, do not clone the old HDD onto the SSD

DaveM121, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

upgrade hdd to ssd

1. upgrade hdd to ssd - Similar Threads - upgrade hdd ssd

2. Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD: I want to replace the slow HDD in my Dell refurb Latitude laptop with an SSD. Win 10 Pro product key is on sticker on bottom of computer. Do I just clone the HDD to SSD or do something else?...
  3. Upgradation of HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgradation of HDD to SSD: I want to upgrade my laptop's hardware configuration. I want to change my HDD to SSD. But If i want a fresh installation of Windows 10 to my new SSD then how I will put my Product key there as it is OEM provided....
  4. Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade: So, I've got an HP laptop that is only less than two years old and it was never fast. Before replacing the thing outright I thought I would try to swap out the spinning rust for an SSD and see if that helped. Here are some basic specs and details of what I've done. It's a...
  5. Laptop with SSD,HDD and W8.1: remove HDD before upgrading ?

Laptop with SSD,HDD and W8.1: remove HDD before upgrading ?: hi, Im runnig a laptop (MSI GT72-2QD, i7, GTX 970M) with an internal SSD (256 GB) and an internal HDD (1TB) . Win 8.1 came preinstalled with this machine. Id like to upgrade the machine to W10 *only* but I do not want to clean instal W10 (not yet). My question: Should i...
  6. Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.

Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.: current setup: hdd running 1903 primary boot target: 1909 upgrade/clean install on ssd then primary boot 1903 still bootable on hdd secondary/backup boot in case of failures of any kind. how would i manage that without an optical which is being replaced by a tray caddy...
  7. upgrade from HDD to SSd

upgrade from HDD to SSd: HI, I have a Lenovo desktop with an AMD E1 processor and a conventional 500gb hard drive. I'm thinking about upgrading this hard drive to an SSD in order to improve performance. How much more responsive would the computer be?? Is it worth it to make this switch?? Thanks...
  8. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...
  9. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

Upgrade to SSD from HDD: I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 . I understand that I need to change...
  10. Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD: Evening All, I would like to upgrade this ole Samsung Laptop, with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, but I'm not sure because of the iSSD P4 8GB (used for Express Cache). I know I won't need it anymore, but is there going to be conflicts/issues ? Specs: Operating System Windows...