Windows 10: Upgrade install fails

Discus and support Upgrade install fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to repair daughters laptop Win10 updates have failed for 2 years and every boot takes 10 minutes of heavy activity before it is usable. Attempts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneFulton1, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Upgrade install fails

Trying to repair daughters laptop Win10 updates have failed for 2 years and every boot takes 10 minutes of heavy activity before it is usable. Attempts of "Troubleshooting" to repair updates have failed, which implied some files are corrupted. Tried suggested delete update files, but they downloaded again with same problem.

So the current problem is that I tried the Win10 install upgrade in place planning on the Keep my apps and files Option, and it downloads Win10 and verifies it, but then before proceeding, during Checking for Updates, the Getting Updates screen hangs at 46%. I see no way to proceed. Other than a new install, is there any solution?

:)

WayneFulton1, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade install fails

1. Upgrade install fails - Similar Threads - Upgrade install fails

2. Windows 11 upgrade failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade failed to install: Split from this thread.I have the same issue, so I hope I can follow the same procedure here. The first file from ...\Panther is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVfBh6TIL4Vkg_NfiGHMz85Qar6?e=6rpqCENone of the other files mentioned here exist....
  3. Windows 11 upgrade failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade failed to install: Split from this thread.I have the same issue, so I hope I can follow the same procedure here. The first file from ...\Panther is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVfBh6TIL4Vkg_NfiGHMz85Qar6?e=6rpqCENone of the other files mentioned here exist....
  4. Windows 11 upgrade failing during install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade failing during install: I'm attempting to upgrade from W10 to W11 and I'm getting the following error, "Something went wrong Select Try again, and if that doesn't work, contact Microsoft support for help. Error Code 0x8007007f" I have tried wsreset.exe, sfc /scannow, and DISM restore health with no...
  5. Upgrade Fails OxC1900101-Ox40017 The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Fails OxC1900101-Ox40017 The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase: I have a machine running 1909 that fails to upgrade to any newer version. I always get the error: Upgrade Fails OxC1900101-Ox40017 The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phaseI have tried upgrading to 2004, 20H2, 21H1, even over-installing 1909.:Upgrading through Windows...
  6. Feature Upgrades fail to install

Feature Upgrades fail to install: I own an Asus all-in-one desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro. When the 2019 feature update was available it failed to install each time I tried. The same thing happened with the May 2020 feature upgrade and is also happening with Upgrade 2H02. I noted the upgrade notification...
  7. Fail to install 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fail to install 2004 upgrade: Hello, I am still on windows version 1909! and windows update don't propose 2004 upgrade ,it says " you are up to date " So I tried both " Media control tool 2004" and "Windows10upgrade9252" but at the end of all the process I always get this message "Installation program...
  8. Windows upgrade even fresh install failing

Windows upgrade even fresh install failing: Hi Team, I have Dell Inspiron N5010 and I had Windows 7 without SP1. I created the USB boot disk by using the "Create Windows 10 installation media" microsoft tool. I booted the laptop with that USB, selected second option clean install and went through the installation...
  9. failed installation after ssd upgrade

failed installation after ssd upgrade: Hi I upgraded my Dell all in one PC to ssd, and then i installed windows through a usb flash drive, after the installation windows restarted and then stayed by the opening page where it says dell... it would not move to startup.... i tried restarting it a couple times,...
  10. Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!

Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!: Just made a USB to upgrade the PC to Windows 10. Gets to the end of the process but before it restarts a little window pops up to say Windows 10 installation has failed! Attached the setuperr.log found in $WINDOWS.~BT setuperr.log 91587